Modding my ICS L85

Rowed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im in the process of modding my ICS l85 i have just put the mad ball DD front rail on before i installed this i was aware of the limited space for the battery however i came into a little problem on my last weekend. typical battery was running low and i had to do a whole field strip to get the front rail off to feed the wires through and get the battery out replace it with the new one and put everything back together out in the field whilst being shot at ( did not want to call out or walk back lol )

iv seen a few people run the battery on the outside with tape but i think it looks slightly tacky anyone got any ideas on where i could put the battery or what i can change to make it a little easier i was going to get someone to fabricate me up a little aluminium box spray it black and attach to the side of one of the rails black tape all the wires up and feed it through the holes good idea or not ?

apart from the its running stock if anyone has any other suggestions on upgrades for it I'm all ears ? I'm planning on putting a sight on it to but I'm not sure what.

post-12085-0-69199700-1446132807_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-14587300-1446132815_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-23257000-1446132826_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-39103600-1446132845_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-01175700-1446132860_thumb.jpg

Im in the process of modding my ICS l85 i have just put the mad ball DD front rail on before i installed this i was aware of the limited space for the battery however i came into a little problem on my last weekend. typical battery was running low and i had to do a whole field strip to get the front rail off to feed the wires through and get the battery out replace it with the new one and put everything back together out in the field whilst being shot at ( did not want to call out or walk back lol )

iv seen a few people run the battery on the outside with tape but i think it looks slightly tacky anyone got any ideas on where i could put the battery or what i can change to make it a little easier i was going to get someone to fabricate me up a little aluminium box spray it black and attach to the side of one of the rails black tape all the wires up and feed it through the holes good idea or not ?

apart from the its running stock if anyone has any other suggestions on upgrades for it I'm all ears ? I'm planning on putting a sight on it to but I'm not sure what.

Buy an empty replica peq battery box, mount it to the rails and put the battery in, bring wires through a hole in the rail into the back of the peq box to your battery.

I cut away with a dremmel some of the internals of the gun to be able to just about squeeze in a 1200 7.4 LiPo, was able to just flip open the top of the rail and slide it in place, very tight though. I used a GBBR DD rail on my ICS though and removed the foresight as was running a SUSAT.

I use a 1300mah 7.4v Lipo from a small rc helicopter they cost me £6.50 each from my local rc shop plus came pre wired with a deans connector

Going to see if it'll fit in the pistol grip but I use the original handguard & they slip in without removing the forward sling swivel

• 1 month later...

Sorry for posting so late but the sling I use for my ICS L85 is incredible, allows the battery to held in the sling and has a wire running through it and plugs into the front of the gun. The wires don't get in the way and you don't notice the battery in the sling!

Here's a link for anyone interested: http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Combat_Gear_Slings_Lanyards_Milspex_Battery_Pack_Three_Point_Sling.htm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.