Respraying 2 tones different 2 tone colors.

isabella

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I have always liked De Walt power tools, mainly because of their yellow and black colour as well as quality. Sometimes think I should put together a DIY load out with a yellow and black gun, and in an urban environment would not look too out of place. MP5K power tool ;)

• Root Admin

...this all started from me asking if i could make a rainbow rifle i cause to much chaos

I think from Scarathe it was more about making sure you knew how to get the optimum amount of rainbow without breaking the law as written, but as TriggerHappy said, the law is so utterly unenforceable and poorly written when it comes to colouring IFs in the way you describe then it's not going to matter as no one will ever mistake it for anything but a toy.

Go to town, and please make sure there's glitter.

i'm making a rainbow sniper, glitter will give away where i am dear god boy that's taking it to far.

I think from Scarathe it was more about making sure you knew how to get the optimum amount of rainbow without breaking the law as written, but as TriggerHappy said, the law is so utterly unenforceable and poorly written when it comes to colouring IFs in the way you describe then it's not going to matter as no one will ever mistake it for anything but a toy.

• Supporters

And a crystal encrusted sight and fluffy stock.

I know its late and its probably done already. But no legislation or regulation says it has to be 51% bright colours, that's just a common interpretation. As long as the IF looks unrealistic both in a gun case and when you're using it, then it's an IF rather than an RIF.

It relies a little on common sense and judgement, so its best to be on the safe side and paint a little more than you think, but then again, no police force will be hunting you down because you missed a spot when you sprayed your toy gun

Edit: didn't see the second page had descended into chaos :P

I'm contemplating a rainbow neon gun powered by a second Lipo, since I like to sneak around in dark buildings, glitter and colours just won't be enough to dazzle my enemies. A few little neon lights up and down the rails TRON style should do the trick

• Head Moderator

By using neon lights you could even colour code your gun to the team colour of the day, and that would stop all those friendly fire incidents in the dark ;)

Although, I do remember playing laser quest years ago and all the guns were lit up, so you could see players in the dark and smoke, and when you were hit and out of the game the gun lights were extinguished.

• Root Admin

Boy are we off-topic now.

Actually, a 'Walt' is simply someone who pretends to be something they're not. It's not got nothing to do with taking things too seriously, though in airsoft those can be mutually inclusive.

And yes, it comes from the novel The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber, which was made into a film in 2013 - the premise is it's a guy who has a really mundane life but has 'heroic daydreams' wherein he does exciting things. It's the British equivalent of 'stolen valour' (a US term for someone who wears uniform and/or pretends to have been in the military when not) a lot of the time and it can be a label given to people who are/were in the service and say they did something or were a part of something they didn't/weren't.

More commonly it's given to people who aren't pretend they are or have been in any branch of the armed forces but never have been. This ties in well with the novel where one of the dreams actually involves him pretending to be a RAF pilot.

• Supporters

Well these days people seem super lazy with their diction so this doesn't surprise me.

Evolution of phrases is more the way I would put it and thats being going on since language was invented. Very few phrases haven't been skewed from what they once were.

Its a sign of getting old I think when it gets to you. ☺

• Root Admin

Well sure, but I'm not sure if that same evolution of language applies to such niche phrases. It seems very much to me like most people have missed the subtlety of the phrase that makes it so amusing.

Calling someone a 'walt' is a very direct and effective attack on their character. We can't afford to dilute that :(

• Supporters

Well sure, but I'm not sure if that same evolution of language applies to such niche phrases. It seems very much to me like most people have missed the subtlety of the phrase that makes it so amusing.

Easiest answer is just have a fall back word for when your unsure.

Which is why I use the word tw*t far more on a Sunday than any other day of the week.

Calling someone a 'walt' is a very direct and effective attack on their character. We can't afford to dilute that :(

I guess I should take offence then. Too bad I cant be bothered. From what you've said about 'walt' clearly does not apply to me, so there's no point worrying about it, its quite pathetic to use such a niche insult.

Though "it's all crap", was rather annoying since what I wrote was informative and I was hoping someone would offer an alternative interpretation on the use of the word "principal", I can see no one wants to talk about it, but the law (when using the literal approach) clearly states that one select colour should cover half.

"Its all crap" synonymous with "In my opinion what you said is crap because that's my opinion". I don't feel the need to insult anyone over this though.

All he had to say was "I disagree because...", heck I invited alternate theories.

Edited by Sacarathe

Guys, I understand most of you are grown up, and have a different sense of humour to my sort of age. This is not aggressive, it's a fact. Most 14 year olds may joke about, well I don't know, but, something stupid to do with sex. But say people of the age of 20+ may have a slightly more sarcastic way of portraying their humour. This is completely cool, luckily, I was brought up by a family who are generally quite jokey, so I can take some joking about. Airsoft isn't really my age group thing, so I don't really fit in here, but, I do my best to get along. Have a good day guys

• Supporters

Guys, I understand most of you are grown up, and have a different sense of humour to my sort of age. This is not aggressive, it's a fact. Most 14 year olds may joke about, well I don't know, but, something stupid to do with sex. But say people of the age of 20+ may have a slightly more sarcastic way of portraying their humour. This is completely cool, luckily, I was brought up by a family who are generally quite jokey, so I can take some joking about. Airsoft isn't really my age group thing, so I don't really fit in here, but, I do my best to get along. Have a good day guys

Sorry but playing with toy guns is definitely more your age group than mine.

You fit in just fine dont worry about a thing. Always happy to help a youngster.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.