Respraying 2 tones different 2 tone colors.

isabella

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

thank you,

time to make a very colorful IF :D

so in theory i can really do what i want with those colors as long as i use those colors?

The act does not refer to the use of multiple colours, I would suspect that at least one colour must still cover 51% of the item.

For example, painting an IF completely yellow with red spots, but the spots covered more than half the yellow, that item would be a RIF (?). As absurd as that sounds.

• Root Admin

Yeh. The warranty on airsoft guns doesn't tend to last very long except with certain manufacturers anyway.

Most problems reveal themselves in the first month or so, so if you've not had it that long then you may want to hold off on the respray until then.

but with the colors on page two of the document i could make tiger stripes on a IF because its still using the colors just arranging them differently still is like bright green and pink but it has tiger stripes with one of those colors or a pink flame on a green IF

Don't forget you can still have 49% realistic, as least that's how people interpret it.

I believe this regulation is untested so if you take it literally as I have - ie principal means "a single colour". It's unlikely you'll ever run into a problem if the principal colour (covering 51% of the gun) is from that list above. No matter what you do with the other 49%.

ok because on the document you gave me it said bright red, orange, yellow, green, pink, purple and blue....so rainbows can be made just take away pink and you got the colors of the rainbow...well to a extent but it still will look like a rainbow.

• Supporters

Is it illegal for me to respray a IF to another color because rainbow, pink or neon green are not realistic colors like black, tan, dark green etc.

rainbow is a color i don't care what you say about it, its a color.

Go for it.

I read the above posts and its crap. If it is a bright multi coloured gun no one in their right mind is going to accuse you of manufacturing a rif.

Paint it and post a pic I look forward to seeing it.

ok once i got it painted ill post it here or ill just put it where ever its relevant and i might give i pic of me in the costume i decided to use. im the type of person who will go out of there way to mess with people for example play boy bunny hostess with a rainbow lmg or something idk ill figure it out in time

• Supporters

ok once i got it painted ill post it here or ill just put it where ever its relevant and i might give i pic of me in the costume i decided to use. im the type of person who will go out of there way to mess with people for example play boy bunny hostess with a rainbow lmg or something idk ill figure it out in time

Dont put a pic on here of you in a bunny costume someone will have a stroke.

Remember a fair proportion of airsofters have only handled a woman when hugging their Mum good night.

• Supporters

Walter Mitty in other words.

It means someone who fantasises about being important. In airsoft a Walt is someone who takes things a bit too seriously and acts like its real life.

At the end of the day if its a brightly painted gun that could never be called a rif. Only the most pretentious jobs worth pratt would ever have an issue with it.

It would be fine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.