Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
isabella

Respraying 2 tones different 2 tone colors.

Recommended Posts

Is it illegal for me to respray a IF to another color because rainbow, pink or neon green are not realistic colors like black, tan, dark green etc.

 

 

rainbow is a color i don't care what you say about it, its a color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, if its still unrealistically coloured then you're fine within the letter of the law

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you,

time to make a very colorful IF :D

so in theory i can really do what i want with those colors as long as i use those colors?

 

The act does not refer to the use of multiple colours, I would suspect that at least one colour must still cover 51% of the item.

 

For example, painting an IF completely yellow with red spots, but the spots covered more than half the yellow, that item would be a RIF (?). As absurd as that sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh ok also i talked to someone on a airsoft retailer site and they said if i do so it will void the warranty on the IF,so cant i just buy the tools and parts i need to repair said IF if i break it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh. The warranty on airsoft guns doesn't tend to last very long except with certain manufacturers anyway.

 

Most problems reveal themselves in the first month or so, so if you've not had it that long then you may want to hold off on the respray until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but with the colors on page two of the document i could make tiger stripes on a IF because its still using the colors just arranging them differently still is like bright green and pink but it has tiger stripes with one of those colors or a pink flame on a green IF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget you can still have 49% realistic, as least that's how people interpret it.

 

I believe this regulation is untested so if you take it literally as I have - ie principal means "a single colour". It's unlikely you'll ever run into a problem if the principal colour (covering 51% of the gun) is from that list above. No matter what you do with the other 49%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to make a rainbow L96 do you think i care about my IFs looking realistic XD

It's not about realistic, it's about range of colour, after you have the law taken care of you ought to be able to do whatever you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok because on the document you gave me it said bright red, orange, yellow, green, pink, purple and blue....so rainbows can be made just take away pink and you got the colors of the rainbow...well to a extent but it still will look like a rainbow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one takes the act and regulation literally then 51% of the gun must be one of the colours from that list, the remaining 49% can be anything.

 

I'm hoping someone will offer an alternative interpretation - as literal sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it illegal for me to respray a IF to another color because rainbow, pink or neon green are not realistic colors like black, tan, dark green etc.

 

 

rainbow is a color i don't care what you say about it, its a color.

Go for it.

I read the above posts and its crap. If it is a bright multi coloured gun no one in their right mind is going to accuse you of manufacturing a rif.

Paint it and post a pic I look forward to seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok once i got it painted ill post it here or ill just put it where ever its relevant and i might give i pic of me in the costume i decided to use. im the type of person who will go out of there way to mess with people for example play boy bunny hostess with a rainbow lmg or something idk ill figure it out in time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok once i got it painted ill post it here or ill just put it where ever its relevant and i might give i pic of me in the costume i decided to use. im the type of person who will go out of there way to mess with people for example play boy bunny hostess with a rainbow lmg or something idk ill figure it out in time

Dont put a pic on here of you in a bunny costume someone will have a stroke.

Remember a fair proportion of airsofters have only handled a woman when hugging their Mum good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walter Mitty in other words.

It means someone who fantasises about being important. In airsoft a Walt is someone who takes things a bit too seriously and acts like its real life.

 

At the end of the day if its a brightly painted gun that could never be called a rif. Only the most pretentious jobs worth pratt would ever have an issue with it.

It would be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×