Wanting to buy a new airsoft gun

Hedgehog

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I want to buy a new gun and have been doing a lot of looking. I am between an M4 (variants of the M4 as well) and a G&G UMG. I like these two as there can be a lot of customisation done to them, they're solid and reliable.

I was just wondering what people would recommend and found best from experience. I need something solid and reliable, with good (well great haha) accuracy. Price range is anything up to £500.

I've already owned a few airsoft guns so know a decent amount. I like the compact, tactical and solid feel that the M4's I have used (mine and friends) have.

Thanks to anyone that answers in advance.

• Head Moderator

Ever the fan of Tokyo Marui I would recommend their HK416D, upper limit of your budget but no spare for batteries, extra magazines, etc. The German take on the AR15 platform, M4 equivalent, and has lots for rails for adding tactical kit. Good for CQB and woodland. Good straight from the box, solid build, quality parts, reliable, accurate, and not too much needs doing to it (there have been several threads regarding internal upgrades). The low fps means you can take it anywhere to play.

Thanks this is really helpful, regarding any add ons though I already have them which is great :) and having previously owned an M4 I have the extra mags needed.

• Head Moderator

The TM HK416 has proprietary magazines, for the bolt stop to function. I have only used TM mags but believe some other brands can be used with an adaptor, but will not have the bolt stop function. Always good to look around and expands your M4 horizons.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.