What is a good CQB gun?

i3666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&G FireHawks are supposed to be good. Sitting Duck has one and he loves it. G&G also make some other nice CQB M4s which verge on SMG size.

The ASG Scorpion EVO is also supposed to be good.

It would help if we knew what type of gun you liked so we could recommend them for you

G&G FireHawks are supposed to be good. Sitting Duck has one and he loves it. G&G also make some other nice CQB M4s which verge on SMG size.

The ASG Scorpion EVO is also supposed to be good.

It would help if we knew what type of gun you liked so we could recommend them for you

Thanks mate. Well, I am totally new to airsoft and need schooling. I do like the looks of a M4 and G36 but open to recommendations on makes etc.That G&G FireHawk looks like what I am looking for, so good shout. Can you fit a sight to it? It would appear so...

Would electric be more suitable than gas? Again, I am more sure what is best...

No, in the process of doing so at UKARA site, but I have extensive paintball experience. Yes I am well over 18 and I am not sure on your last question what you mean. I am aware of UKARA if that is what you are querying.

Thanks mate. Well, I am totally new to airsoft and need schooling. I do like the looks of a M4 and G36 but open to recommendations on makes etc.That G&G FireHawk looks like what I am looking for, so good shout. Can you fit a sight to it? It would appear so...

Would electric be more suitable than gas? Again, I am more sure what is best...

Electric is far better for a new player, unless you're totally fine maintaining a gas weapon as you said you have experience paintballing?

If you're used to large capacity hoppers in paintball, maybe an AEG would suit you more? You have far more options in magazine capacity, from realistic 30rnd low caps, 120rnd ish midcaps, 450rnd highcaps and 1000rnd and higher drums.

As winter is coming along and most gas guns suffer in lower temperatures, maybe an AEG would also be better? There are a couple of gas guns which work well in winter (guns like the GHK G5) but they still suffer from some temperature changes.

As for sights, most airsoft guns will be able to take one if they have 20mm picatinny/weaver rails. The few models which don't (MP5s, G3s, AKs, SVDs, FALs etc.) usually have adaptors available or optics which will fit right onto the gun without an adaptor.

Electric is far better for a new player, unless you're totally fine maintaining a gas weapon as you said you have experience paintballing?

If you're used to large capacity hoppers in paintball, maybe an AEG would suit you more? You have far more options in magazine capacity, from realistic 30rnd low caps, 120rnd ish midcaps, 450rnd highcaps and 1000rnd and higher drums.

As winter is coming along and most gas guns suffer in lower temperatures, maybe an AEG would also be better? There are a couple of gas guns which work well in winter (guns like the GHK G5) but they still suffer from some temperature changes.

As for sights, most airsoft guns will be able to take one if they have 20mm picatinny/weaver rails. The few models which don't (MP5s, G3s, AKs, SVDs, FALs etc.) usually have adaptors available or optics which will fit right onto the gun without an adaptor.

Thanks, understood.

An electric AEG it would appear is best then. I have just sent you a PM too. Thanks again.

• Supporters

No, in the process of doing so at UKARA site, but I have extensive paintball experience. Yes I am well over 18 and I am not sure on your last question what you mean. I am aware of UKARA if that is what you are querying.

The ukara register is one form of defence yes. A defence is just a way of proving you have a rif for legitimate reason, there are several but getting a site membership and being entered on the ukara database is easiest.

As for what gun go along to a few games and rent, while you are there look at the weapons people are using and have a hold if they let you. There is no best gun its individual choice just find one you like and is comfortable for you to hold.

By the time you have your defence you will have a good idea what sort you like.

As for manufacturers the main ones would be TM, G&G, ICS, or some of the smaller companies like Real Sword and Krytac it all depends on your budget. Just stick to a well known manufacturer and you will be ok.

• Head Moderator

Do you mean having the German lettering, S (sicher), E (einzelfeuer), and F (feuerstoss) on the fire selector for safe, semi auto and full auto instead of the icons of bullets?

• Supporters

MP5s are nice, although i've yet to see an Airsoft H&K gun that uses that style fire selector that isn't horrible.

Which? The s-e-f one or the ambidextrous one?

• Supporters

Which? The s-e-f one or the ambidextrous one?

I can't honestly remember which MP5s and G36s i've used that had ambi selector switches. My main gripe with them is the fire modes never seem to lock positively like they do on say an M4, coupled with the fact the angle between fire modes is not linear.

The actual labeling isn't an issue as far as i'm concerned, it's more the selector switch feeling very floaty. I guess it could just be personal preference.

• Supporters

I can't honestly remember which MP5s and G36s i've used that had ambi selector switches. My main gripe with them is the fire modes never seem to lock positively like they do on say an M4, coupled with the fact the angle between fire modes is not linear.

The actual labeling isn't an issue as far as i'm concerned, it's more the selector switch feeling very floaty. I guess it could just be personal preference.

I hate the ambidextrous ones with a passion because the one on the finger side (as opposed to the thumb side if you get my drift) digs into the knuckle when you try and select Auto.

• Head Moderator

The ambidextrous one is useful for when you transition from right shoulder / hand to left shoulder / hand. Although most times I am on semi-auto so once the selector is set there is not mush need to move it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.