Guns and kit storage

MultiBumOpr8r

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently, I store my kit in an old wardrobe which I've (loosely, in the form of a few nails and hooks) converted into Airsoft storage to hold all my guns, kit and consumables/ spares.

The problem is that it doesn't give me enough storage- especially in the form of hanging space. It's currently needing to hold 3 RIFs (2 rifles and a pistol, one rifle lives in a hard case), gear case, plate carrier, leg rig, holster, 2 sets of eye pro, Crye combat set, Sordins, 3 sets of Mechanix, 13 Midcaps, 5 pistol mags, 5 smoke grenades, ThunderB core and shells (when I get more), green gas, BBs, CO2 (when I get some more), box of spare parts, helmet, paint, and loads more besides.

I'm also likely to be getting a new (and larger) plate carrier at Christmas so I'm going to be up a certain creak without a paddle in terms of storage space, considering my holster, pistol, helmet, Crye combats, and a few other smaller bits cannot fit in at all; leg rig and other bits of kit can't all be hung or stored as I'd like.

My storage also has to be 'covert' in that it can't look militarised, Airsoft-y or generally too quiestionable to the naked eye.

So... Long and short of it is could you please show me some of your storage solutions? I could do with some inspiration to see how I'm going to fix the situation I have right now!

Thanks!!

post-12047-0-94298000-1445987156_thumb.jpeg

• Supporters

Currently, I store my kit in an old wardrobe which I've (loosely, in the form of a few nails and hooks) converted into Airsoft storage to hold all my guns, kit and consumables/ spares.

The problem is that it doesn't give me enough storage- especially in the form of hanging space. It's currently needing to hold 3 RIFs (2 rifles and a pistol, one rifle lives in a hard case), gear case, plate carrier, leg rig, holster, 2 sets of eye pro, Crye combat set, Sordins, 3 sets of Mechanix, 13 Midcaps, 5 pistol mags, 5 smoke grenades, ThunderB core and shells (when I get more), green gas, BBs, CO2 (when I get some more), box of spare parts, helmet, paint, and loads more besides.

I'm also likely to be getting a new (and larger) plate carrier at Christmas so I'm going to be up a certain creak without a paddle in terms of storage space, considering my holster, pistol, helmet, Crye combats, and a few other smaller bits cannot fit in at all; leg rig and other bits of kit can't all be hung or stored as I'd like.

My storage also has to be 'covert' in that it can't look militarised, Airsoft-y or generally too quiestionable to the naked eye.

So... Long and short of it is could you please show me some of your storage solutions? I could do with some inspiration to see how I'm going to fix the situation I have right now!

Thanks!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

What I’ve done is done out my loft slightly. Loft boards down and MDF board of one of the back walls with shelves and long nails to hold my RIF’s.

The shelves hold mags, BBs, TRMR that kinda stuff. Angled nails to put my M4’s on and side arm. Clothing is in my wardrobe. I also have a small three tray storage unit for spares etc. All my kit I’d take on a game day is kept in a large holdall where it stays rather than unpacking and repacking.

Solution:

Become a master of Tetris

It’s either just me or pointless comments like this just annoy me. Someone’s asking a genuine question and you get this kinda stuff. If you don’t have a proper helpful answer then don’t answer at all I say.

A friend of mine (who happens to be a chippie) has modified a cupboard aswell so it doesn't look out of place, he used wood dowels to seperate his rifles & hang his pistols on, as he uses a chest rig & cap all he does is put them on a lower shelf with a few drawers for mags etc

How about plastic boxes that can be stacked ?? I think it's a case of placing things inside in a way that works

My rifles are on my work bench but all the smaller items are under the bottom drawer of my cupboard

Cheers for the help so far guys.

I've considered loft space, however I'm not sure it would be entirely practical given the design of my house, I would also be anxious of the temperature variance in there and the storage space is really needed for family things. Also given the age of the access ladder (83 years old, original to the house) I wouldn't feel very comfortable having to use it every day to take up and down heavy bags of kit- however these are probably problems I could overcome if I was allowed to use the space.

• Moderators

Nothing special for me, RIF is in the box at back of wardrobe behind clothes and 6 yr olds eyes although he wouldn't touch It anyway, chest rig, helmet, bags of bbs and few bits on top shelf of wardrobe, clothing, gloves, torch, masks etc, I'm large draw under bed....wife ok with it....so far

I made a little custom lockable gun cupboard that I wall mounted in the utility room to keep all the really expensive dangerous kit locked away up high out of reach of my two little'ns. All the other stuff like fast helmet, face pro eye pro etc lives in a big holdall that I take to site.

post-11797-0-03160600-1446064597_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-47690400-1446064700_thumb.jpg

Ahh randymanpipe i love your box! Lol

Im on the hunt for a air drop style metal crate to keep all my guns and stuff in. Alternatively an armour stand and some shelves will be made up lol

I wish my Mrs loved my box as much as you deebo, would certainly turn my frown upside down and I might get more special cuddles :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.