TM VSR10 owner's upgrades?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's deffos 500 at Gunman. Ravens I'm not so sure as their website changed earlier in this year and I can't confirm that. It's a small site, so a 30m MED would be even more of a hindrance than usual.

Try this for springs: http://www.x-fire.org/etop/bolt_sp.html

Thanks for the link. Regarding ravens and gunman, after being to both places, I rate gunman higher. At ravens, I never seemed to be in much combat, but at gun mans, I was always involved. Plus it's a bit more interesting with hills and buildings.. As for the link, it's very interesting. The springs are lettered differently. Instead of m170 typically meaning 170 meters a second. Looking at the springs, I'll go for the vsr 240 I think. Just the only problem is... The spring guide I'm going to use is the spring guide in the airsoft pro trigger package. I doubt that guide will withstand that spring. May have to buy the recommended spring. Thanks.

Unless you have access to a chronograph getting just an M150 spring is a bit of a risk since it could potentially exceed 500 fps till the spring beds in - making it unusable at most sites in the UK. The spring alone does not account for your fps remember.

I personally would buy an M130/M140 spring as well just in case.

• Root Admin

Thanks for the link. Regarding ravens and gunman, after being to both places, I rate gunman higher. At ravens, I never seemed to be in much combat, but at gun mans, I was always involved. Plus it's a bit more interesting with hills and buildings.. As for the link, it's very interesting. The springs are lettered differently. Instead of m170 typically meaning 170 meters a second. Looking at the springs, I'll go for the vsr 240 I think. Just the only problem is... The spring guide I'm going to use is the spring guide in the airsoft pro trigger package. I doubt that guide will withstand that spring. May have to buy the recommended spring. Thanks.

Probably the better site as Raven's minimum age is supposedly 16, heh.

The spring guide should be fine, but as Happy says you don't want to go over 500 so play it safe. Again, FPS is not everything - hop, ammo and barrel matters more with accuracy, consistent accuracy is certainly what you want with a sniper rifle.

Yeah, I don't want to breach or risk the limit. I could easily be on 450 FPS and get good range. So either the m140 or vsr 260. I'll look for other peoples preferences.. Ravens age limit is 16, yes, don't know how I was allowed in, they are pretty chill with it all though. But also not much to the site, it's a good site don't get me wrong, but doesn't have the dynamics such as tuddenham. And due to the age limit being 16, there's about 4 more people who are about 15 at tuddenham, who we had a bit of a talk and are all friendly. 490 FPS spring is too risky. Therefore, I'm left with m140/vsr260. Thanks for the help once again.

you will also need a new cylinder and cylinder head if buying a new TM VSR as they come with a sealed unit now which you can't reassemble once pulled apart!

Wait, so I'll need to get a cylinder and cylinder head, because why? I don't understand the seal bit. Thanks

• Root Admin

You can't open the TM cylinder and then replace the head if you're switching springs. Once you put it back together (which in itself is a bit tricky because you'll need a new pin) you won't have a good air seal.

Remember that time we said you'd need over £250 (ontop of the donor weapon) to do this? Also, this is why some people get a JG BAR-10 as it has a slightly nicer stock, but the internals aren't as well put together as TM. Not a problem if you're upgrading everything.

Oh, ok. That's something to watch out for. I understand you have to splash a reasonable amount of cash to compete. I've searched far and wide for a TM VSR10, almost Impossible.. Stock vsr is coming in at around £220 and that's the cheapest I've seen. (Apart from a model at 114 quid, but, 15 quid on paint, and 20 quid on delivery, and to top it off, import duty at 23%) I'd rather spend less on a JG bar10 and upgrade it. As the plan is to upgrade it... I'm probably not going to skirmish with a stock JG anyways... I'd rather spend my limited money on a JG bar10 and use some left over money to make some upgrades, instead of buying the TM Vsr10 stock and have no money to upgrade with. I hear the JG BAR10 uses the same upgrades as the TM. What's you view on this? Thanks.

Yeah. I think there's a few models on the market. All around 100 dollars. I'll just pick one. And use the same upgrades I was planning to do with the TM VSR10. Obviously, there may be a few extra upgrades I have to make, but as I'm saving some money on the TM alternative, I can put that towards a hop up unit for example. Thanks again.

• Root Admin

There are, but allegedly JG has the nicest stock as the join marks are minimal and is readily available in the UK.

Again though, I hate to say it but the TM VSR and the Maruzen APS L96 clones are the most documented sniper rifles out there. All of this information could have been had through 5 minutes Googling. Happy to help, but you may get a quicker answer next time through a quick search.

• Supporters

Again though, I hate to say it but the TM VSR and the Maruzen APS L96 clones are the most documented sniper rifles out there. All of this information could have been had through 5 minutes Googling. Happy to help, but you may get a quicker answer next time through a quick search.

All true of course but then there's no substitute for guidance by people that have actually done it before and are willing to discuss the pros and cons. Google just presents you with a list of choices rather than actual advice.

Ok cool. Don't really like ordering from the U.S. Import duty and the rest of it.. Thanks for your help, I'm set on a JG BAR10 and then upgrade it. If you hear anything from me next, it will be to do with confirming the order and maybe installing some stuff, most likely the airsoft pro 90 degree trigger and piston first. Thanks for all the help. Let's see how it all pans out. :)

• Root Admin

All true of course but then there's no substitute for guidance by people that have actually done it before and are willing to discuss the pros and cons. Google just presents you with a list of choices rather than actual advice.

That's exactly what I mean though: There are hundreds of VSR upgrade threads and videos that break it down into far more detail than I could hope to in a few hours.

• Supporters

That's exactly what I mean though: There are hundreds of VSR upgrade threads and videos that break it down into far more detail than I could hope to in a few hours.

Maybe we need a sticky post with the best links and videos in to save us all the heartache next time then?

• Supporters

Maybe, but didn't we ask the mods for an HPA sub-forum like yonks ago and that's still not been done?

A whole sub forum for two threads vs one sticky post about the most commonly upgraded sniper rifle on the market? Reckon it's worth a go.

• Supporters

Two threads? Where are you getting that number from you filthy non-air?

Also I merely meant it in such a way that there are plenty of stickies we could make but no one can be bothered to make them. It's still no excuse for not searching first.

The two threads cam from my comment about getting bored of all the HPA posts and someone said "it's only been two threads" :)

But yes, people should still search but at least if the sticky was there when they start another thread about it we can all just post the link and wander off to discuss how much Trigger secretly loves G&G.

Maybe, but didn't we ask the mods for an HPA sub-forum like yonks ago and that's still not been done?

I PMed Devastator about this today, been composing a PM follow up to the poll for a few weeks. Got my donor gun through this week too, wont get to handle it until Monday though :(.

The two threads cam from my comment about getting bored of all the HPA posts and someone said "it's only been two threads" :)

Actually, there's 25 threads, more if you count the ones derailed into HPA within the first 5 replies, and the sales posts in parts - but tbh I don't think we need to distinguish HPA when it comes to the classifieds.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.