TM VSR10 owner's upgrades?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I can actually find one in stock, I'll be upgrading this lil guy. I know there are thousands of guides on how to upgrade, but, I'm not fussed about them, I've read a lot of them, and are all very useful.

But, I'd like to know what owners of this gun (or anyone who knows something) have done to their gun.

I know the FPS is very low, due to the Japanese laws I believe.

And, I hear the hop up is quite good.

Any feedback/tips are good. Thanks for taking the time to read.

For mine i upgraded all the bits the many guides suggested: trigger, bucking, barrel, hop arm, cylinder, piston, spring. It shoots great.

Read the guides. They are comprehensive and useful. My vspec has:

- Airsoft pro 90 degree trigger and piston

- Aspro cylinder

- m150 spring

- Nineball hop rubber

- enhanced hop arm

- barrel spacers

Shoots just under 500fps

PT247, I'm probably going to upgrade the trigger and piston first. (90 degree piston and trigger) did you buy the two as a pair, or as two separate parts. And cheers dex, you going to upgrade any further?

yup, got the Laylax zero trigger set with piston.

Also have fitted the following other Lalax parts:

teflon cylinder,

cylinder head,

150 spring,

barrel,

barrel spacers.

Dangerworx type B hop arm.

Think I currently have the TM bucking back in as the 60' Mapleleaf fitted previously got chewed up when I upped the FPS.

I have also fixed the wobble on the hop arm and hop adjuster.

Ah, I'll be starting my upgrades by doing the zero trigger and piston first.. Probably the most expensive upgrade..

PT247, I'm probably going to upgrade the trigger and piston first. (90 degree piston and trigger) did you buy the two as a pair, or as two separate parts. And cheers dex, you going to upgrade any further?

Not likely to upgrade anything else, altho I'm always tinkering with it.

The Airsoft Pro trigger and piston set is a lot cheaper than the zero trigger set.

Ah right. I was looking at some earlier. Definately going to use those ones.

Doesn't the 90 degree trigger from airsoft pro come with a spring, and a piston and guide? And I'm not sure, as I'm reasonably new to airsoft, but isn't the zero trigger the same as the airsoft pro trigger? Thanks.

Doesn't the 90 degree trigger from airsoft pro come with a spring, and a piston and guide? And I'm not sure, as I'm reasonably new to airsoft, but isn't the zero trigger the same as the airsoft pro trigger? Thanks.

Yes it comes with all that. The zero trigger is a Laylax product and cost about 3 times as much but is basically the same.

Ah, ok, thanks. I think I'll buy the whole set, and use the spring, guide, trigger, and piston, hopefully the parts are decent.

Ah, ok, thanks. I think I'll buy the whole set, and use the spring, guide, trigger, and piston, hopefully the parts are decent.

Hopefully? You'll spend your monies on hopefully? With sufficient research one could know before spending a penny.

Edited by Sacarathe

Worth going to Airsoft Pro directly for parts - I've found it works out a lot cheaper than buying from certain UK suppliers for some bits. Even factoring in shipping costs et al.

Hopefully? You'll spend your hard earned monies on hopefully? With sufficient research one could know before spending a penny.

I'll have you know, I worked hard for the money I have. I'm not at all a teenager who feeds off my parents, as myself AND my parents think it is bad to give money to their kids for slacking about. Any money I earn is either worked for, or, well, any potential birthday money I have. I am certainly not the sort who says to their parents "yo, could I have 20 quid". But, on the other half, I agree, I should really look for reviews or compare with the high end models.

I'll have a look into where their shop is, and see if it is possible to make the travel. Thanks.

Probably won't be making the trip then lol. Unless I walk there, I would spend more money on travel then the items I buy. Then getting there to realise there's no trigger stocked there.

Emailed fire support, as I tend to go with fire support now on, as I've never had a bad experience from them, and told them to get their stuff in stock. May not work, but worth a go.

http://novritsch.com/shop/vsr-10-tuning-kit/

Yes it's very expensive and it's out of stock until the 10th but my friend brought this kit for his TM vsr Gspec and near enough every shot is on target and the range is outstanding

Yes, I do understand how it is a good tuning kit. But, I'm not spending that much in a single purchase. Also, as this is my first sniper rifle, and it will be my first time upgrading, I'd quite like to buy parts separate, and due to me being a teenager, I don't have much money. And so the plan is to buy maybe a couple of upgrades a month and do the rifle up over time. Plus, it is all part of the fun upgrading, I'm looking forward to it all. But thanks for your input.

Thank you sp00n, isn't the TM hop normally quite good? Nevertheless I'll probably add that to the upgrade list.

• Supporters

http://novritsch.com/shop/vsr-10-tuning-kit/

Yes it's very expensive and it's out of stock until the 10th but my friend brought this kit for his TM vsr Gspec and near enough every shot is on target and the range is outstanding

its also just EDGI parts, you can get them wayyyyy cheaper direct from edgi, look up "edgi custom works" on facebook

Thank you sp00n, isn't the TM hop normally quite good? Nevertheless I'll probably add that to the upgrade list.

the stock TM hop is good, but the aa hop is better, better sealing, already is TDC, and its quite cheap

Upgrade list I'm going to get though with reasons why:

(Bare in mind, the reasons for why could be wrong)

Airsoft pro 90 degree trigger & piston (the TM stock sears aren't meant to last in general, putting a hefty spring in would kill it. And the stock piston is for 45 degree systems)

M170 spring (to ramp up the FPS, as stock FPS is low due to Japanese laws I believe, also it comes with the trigger set, I may change to a lower powered spring to not risk ruining a cylinder or something like that. Also I know FPS doesn't mean range, but it helps a tiny bit. But I'm more focused on range and accuracy. Apparently this spring would give me around 550 FPS, that seems a bit too high for some of the stock parts left in there. )

Spring guide (because of the spring change, and the old one is plastic apparently, also comes with the set)

Dangerwerx hop up arm type B (due to a guide, this is better than the stock arm, and will give me a bit more consistency, the person who wrote the guide also changed out the arm and was apparently getting a bit further range, also is a more sturdy material)

Firefly soft bucking (is compatible with the type b arm, is supposedly a good bucking.)

Barrel undecided I've heard for long range shooting you want a wider bore, as there's a slightly bigger airflow so the hop is more effective. Then there's a tighter bore which helps with marginal FPS increase.. Which tbh will be unneeded..

Teflon cylinder (apparently it's easier to pull back)

Cylinder head (to get a better seal, for more consistency)

Hopefully these are some decent upgrades. If something can be improved upon, or if something is downright wrong let me know! I have kind of put it into chronological order, meaning this is the sort of order I'll do things in. Thanks.

Site limit at Ravens and Gunman is 500fps. Also - and I mean this without a hint of condescension - your young arms are going to get tired of compressing an M170 very quickly.

Right. Just the thing is the set I buy from airsoft pro does come with the m170, I guess I'll just keep it as spare. I'll have to lower the FPS. The m150 should do? Or is that a bit risky, as that comes in at around 490 FPS.. And thanks for telling me the limit, saves some time ringing them up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.