New guy in Leicester :D

Mattjames74

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all! I'm Matt, 18 from Leicester and I'm looking at getting into airsoft.

I've had quit a few hobbies but I've just lost interest in my most recent one.

I've played airsoft quite abit when I was 16 and 17 down at some of the first and only sites. Loved it.

Now I'm 18 with a job I'm able to buy the things I wasn't able to. Hence why I'm joining now.

So I'm open to all beginner advice on what to do.

Also a list of CQB and open sites around or close to Leicestershire would be kind of handy too.

Many thanks in advance :D Matt.

Great. I'll take a look.

Now I'm really liking to get a pistol first over a rifle. I've read that it's best not to get a pistol first tho :( Is this the case?

How much we looking at for a descent AEG then? £100, £200 etc? Same for a pistol and makes/brands too.

You should have £200 if you want to enter the sport with your own gear. There are several great stickied (pinned) guides for getting into airsoft. If you don't have access to the UKARA database you'll only be able to buy two-toned airsoft guns, how you feel about that changes from person to person.

I started playing airsoft with a GBB pistol - it was ok, but if I could do it again i'd get a two-tone SMG. Starting with a pistol depends on the venue and engagement distances (and cost/play style - due to limited amunition and expensive magazines for gas guns) - for a pistol you're looking at 10-20m. With a Automatic Electric Gun (AEG) 20-60. Auto electric pistols do exist.

You only have to have a valid defence to buy a realistic imitation firearm ie be a active member of a skirmish site, or work for a tv/film company etc Ukara is purely a retailers database. I play mostly at Ucap sites and they are not UKARA affiliated but I can still buy RIFS as I have a Valid defence. My site membership number.

You only have to have a valid defence to buy a realistic imitation firearm ie be a active member of a skirmish site, or work for a tv/film company etc Ukara is purely a retailers database. I play mostly at Ucap sites and they are not UKARA affiliated but I can still buy RIFS as I have a Valid defence. My site membership number.

UCAP is a example of UKARA alternative, with no functional difference.

Welcome to the site mate!

If you're after a decent CQB site local then I can't recommend enough "The Gaol" in Oakham. Very well ran and with a decent player base. They run pistol/shotgun nights every Wednesday and regular games every other weekend. Hopefully see you there sometime (definitely will if you go tomorrow) as it's my regular site.

• 2 months later...

Hi Matt,

I am also from Leicester not yet played a Skirmish but am looking at the one out in Lutterworth (if you know of that one?). Just wondered which sites you have been to in our area and what gear you got for your first skirmish. I have been told to get my own face protection as the ones at sites are not the most pleasant.

Cheers Joe

Hi Matt,

If you fancied travelling to Derby, there's Combat Ready Airsoft CQB and Woodland site?

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Towers has gone now as well :P (least I think it has)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.