Got a question

matas17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as you know Halloween is coming and i wanted to see if I could use my airsoft HK416 as a part of my costume for the halloween, since ill be dressing up as a spec ops soldier and need to know if i can do it or no?

The gun wouldn't have any rounds in the mag and no battery i would only use is as a prop.

• Head Moderator

I would not recommend taking a RIF out in public. Hypothetically - a concerned member of the public sees you carrying a gun and phones the police, armed response is deployed, you are detained, waste police time. A journalist picks up the story, airsoft is brought into disrepute, pressure to have more restrictions on the sport, everyone suffers.

It is not worth the risk for a bit of posing. Of course the YouTube video of the police takedown could be good to watch, and 15 minutes of fame ;)

• Supporters

So as you know Halloween is coming and i wanted to see if I could use my airsoft HK416 as a part of my costume for the halloween, since ill be dressing up as a spec ops soldier and need to know if i can do it or no?

The gun wouldn't have any rounds in the mag and no battery i would only use is as a prop.

Simple answer is no its illegal. If someone calls the police your rif will be taken away and destroyed and you could end up doing time if your lucky.

If your unlucky you might just meet the business end of a real one.

Whats a spec ops soldier got to do with Halloween anyway this isnt America.

Never take your rif out in public = no brainer. Just go out in a Borat Mankini, will make much more of a statement and possibly won't end up in the police being called. Possibly. :/

post-11797-0-94126300-1445928821_thumb.png

• Supporters

As people have said it's a bad idea. I know someone that had the armed response unit called on them after messing about with airsoft guns in the woods. Going into a town/residential area is going to attract a lot more unwanted attention.

Also they confiscated and destroyed all their guns.

• Moderators

To be honest, after all the talk we have on here and the UKARA database and questions etc, this question even came up!!.

As mentioned, your more at risk of being arrested or possibly losing your life if it goes wrong, which we here don't want to see

My brother and his friend got questioned back on Xmas eve 2001 when his friend had a gun lighter with him and lit up a fag, helicopter was out, cops out and armed police. Only knocked on our door as I let the dogs out before bed and the chopper spotted the flood light.....on the bad side there was confusion and about 5 hours between them being out and the knock on the door.....I think there was an incident in the adjacent village and wires crossed....I enjoyed it though!!!

Halloween isn't for tac gear or rifs, it's not worth the risk for a few minutes of fun ruining your life and others

Do what I'm doing, walking around in my pants while my kids knock on the door!!! Hahaha

Ok I'm not really, I'm sitting in the house with the lights off !!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.