new guy in north yorks

mimozine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all, im not exactly a newbie, been playing with my friends since my school days, gave up years ago and sold most of my guns after being made redundant. that was all pre ukara. now im looking to get my ukara number so i can start rebuilding my collection. anybody in my area? im in the harrogate/york area.

thx

Welcome fellow pew pew pewer,

You don't have to register with Ukara, you just need to be a registered member of a skirmish site with a membership number. Ukara registration only useful if you plan on ordering from loads of different websites. Makes it easier for the retailer to check that you are eligible to purchase RIFS as Ukara is purely a retailers database.

Hey fella, welcome.

I'm up in Hartlepool, but I play down at Khe Sahn near Otley sometimes, which isn't massively far from Harrogate.

Check out the airbana map for local sites.

just finished a 60 hour week at work, so gonna be surfing to see whats about.

Welcome fellow pew pew pewer, You don't have to register with Ukara, you just need to be a registered member of a skirmish site with a membership number. Ukara registration only useful if you plan on ordering from loads of different websites. Makes it easier for the retailer to check that you are eligible to purchase RIFS as Ukara is purely a retailers database.

looked on a couple of retail sites and they said, ukara registered or we will paint your gun like your a hippy chick. they idnt mention any other options lol

Lol,

I wouldn't use any website that does not know the law, also keep away from websites that use the word bbgun in the title/name.

There is a whole section here on recommended retailers.

But if you are looking to buy a rif you should really go hold it, sight it, play around with it smell it before you part with your hard earned currency.

looks like firstandonlyevents runs an airsoft game in otley and cerberus has one in leeds and one in harrogate. those are about only ones close to me. how would i become a member of one of those clubs? that way i wouldn't have to hire on the day as they dont seem to have many places available to hire for each game day.

looks like firstandonlyevents runs an airsoft game in otley and cerberus has one in leeds and one in harrogate. those are about only ones close to me. how would i become a member of one of those clubs? that way i wouldn't have to hire on the day as they dont seem to have many places available to hire for each game day.

You would have to hire initially anyway, regardless of whether you're a member or not; unless you can borrow a RIF from someone.

*edit: With F&O you can pre-book a hire gun through the website.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.