*Discussion* Eyepro

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Eh, I've never worn anything but full-seal because I've heard of things like this. I know the argument for fog and comfort but eyesight is simply too valuable to be.

The videos are out there. I think it's fair to say there's enough information for each person to come to an informed decision on their own, so there's no need to enforce it. Obviously making sure below 16/18s have it is a good idea, but I think most if not all sites already do that.

At the end of the day if nothing else you own your own body. So long as insurance criteria is met for the site owner then what you wear should be completely up to you.

If the legislators got involved (again), they wouldn't stop at eye pro.

VCRA2006 nearly crippled/destroyed the sport, and it wasn't even drawn up for airsoft.

I do hope no one ever has to be the guy that fires the shot resulting in another player loosing their sight in airsoft though.

• Supporters

So was watching jet on YouTube and a video caught my eye (unintentional pun) here it is:

https://youtu.be/BQGaIsJS0yE

So what do you think about this video?

Do you think full seal eyepro should be a requirement by sites/law?

This got done to death when that video first landed (it's quite old now).

I don't think we need legislation to have full seal eyepro. Ultimately that incident happened because the mesh lower had pushed the eyepro out of place allowing a ricochet to get in and hit the guy in the eye. Granted it's harder to displace a set of goggles but it's not impossible.

No disrespect to the guy in the vid either but they are not the best style of glasses. Iv just bought a set of ess ice after much deliberation as i was very unsure of glasses but after half a day of foging at longmoor (and i had been sooo excited about going!) I decided to ditch goggles. And theres alot of glasses that cover alot of the face and come quite far round.

I think it would be quite sad if legislation started to dictate the levels we had to go to in order to play.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.