Heavily modified TM Next Gen Recoil rifles

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Always wanted to see a thread with all the upgraded TM Next Gen stuff owned by forum members. Would be interesting to see who has done what to their Next Gens and how you have benefitted from the upgrades.

So, who in the forum has TM Next Gen Recoil rifles that have been massively upgraded/modified?

Please list upgrades, which ones have had the greatest impacts on performance, which ones you could have done without and which ones you believe are essential to getting the best out of a Next Gen rifle? :-)

Apart from the ubiquitous deans, only steel bushings for reliability. You don't really need to do much more to tm recoil guns. Maybe add a spectre if you want. Fact of the matter is that they shoot well stock, so even as an experienced tech you are into the realms of diminishing returns, added to the fact that the workings of rs guns prohibits any kind of high speed builds and such like.

Wow... thought there would have been quite a few on the forum who would have already tried upgrading their TM Recoils.

In fairness while a lot of people do upgrade pretty much everything inside, quite a few don't as TM internals are generally pretty bloody good (for the most part), the only reason I would switch anything out of mine is if and when they break or it actually needs doing. I installed the spectre because I got a very good deal on it so couldn't really pass it up.

A friend has just sent his off for upgrading here's what he has had done...

- Deans connectors

- Rhop installation

- Pommy barrel

- Flat nub

- Pommy bushings

- Spectre

- High speed motor

- Corrected AoE

Not sure on brands hes gone for other than the pommy gear but all in i think hes paid £250 for the lot to be installed and tested before being sent back.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.