Ranger Loadout

Paul 8v
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and to airsoft, I'm thinking about eventually getting some sort of loadout together but I can't really afford to get it all in one go, at the moment I've scraped together some items which will get me through but if I start to get some specific items I want to make sure I get the right ones! Is there anywhere I can find out the items I would need to buy?

Im getting a bit confused with all the different types of camoflague, DPM, DDPM, BDU etc. etc. what one would I actually need?

The sort of look I wanted to go for was the rangers in Black hawk down, I assume I would need an M4 style gun? Are there any reasoably priced metal ones? I think I would prefer the weight of a metal gun. I've been told that electric rather than gas is the one to go for. Do different sites have differet rules? I'd like a gun I can use at any site without messing about with it if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Paul

BDU is not a camoflague lol, and to help me find you a metal M4, budget is needed, or is there no budget?

thanks for correcting me lol :) i think Ares have a £200 M4 that is metal, im not sure though, have a look on www.zerooneairsoft.com i think they have the ares M4 in stock

• Supporters

woah woah who said the rangers used m4s? even delta force didnt they used M733s

http://s3.amazonaws.com/auteurs_production....jpg?1289430733

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5531/affg2113760ak0.jpg

Lucky for you its looks a simple loadout

you will want and this is just me looking :P feel free to add in.

US tri desert BDUs

US woodland Vest

US PASGT? With a Tri Desert Cover

Goggles (any make doesnt matter)

Looks like Alice webbing with a Buttpack and water canteen pouch.

Cant see any knee pads but if you did want some viper make the same style the Delta force used in black

Cant see any holsters either but you would want a Black Thigh holster and a M1911A1 (No custom Kimber stuff just the standard government issue one)

and Black or Tan boots.

For your weapon you will want an M16A2

woah woah who said the rangers used m4s? even delta force didnt they used M733s

http://s3.amazonaws.com/auteurs_production....jpg?1289430733

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5531/affg2113760ak0.jpg

Lucky for you its looks a simple loadout

you will want and this is just me looking :P feel free to add in.

US tri desert BDUs

US woodland Vest

US PASGT? With a Tri Desert Cover

Goggles (any make doesnt matter)

Looks like Alice webbing with a Buttpack and water canteen pouch.

Cant see any knee pads but if you did want some viper make the same style the Delta force used in black

Cant see any holsters either but you would want a Black Thigh holster and a M1911A1 (No custom Kimber stuff just the standard government issue one)

and Black or Tan boots.

For your weapon you will want an M16A2

Haha I was watching Black Hawk down for the millionth time in my life today! Anyway I agree with Matt on all the loadout bits except I think you should get the helmet cover in choclate chip instead of tri colour desert as depicted in the movie. All the stuff is fairly easy to get except the assualt vest which I am struggling to find on the interenet. The closest I found was this but its quite expensive so you chould browse the web to see if you can find anything simmilar.

The rest of the stuff is easy enough to find:

Tri Colour desset BDU Shirt

Tri Colour Desert BDU Trousers

PASGST Helmet

Choclate Chip Helmet Cover

You could also go for a delta force look instead:

Stick with the tric colour desert BDUs then add

Black Hawk Down replica vest

Delta hemet

Knee Pads

Sorry for the very long post but I hope this helps :)

Thanks guys that's great! Is the A2 the shorter version of the M16? I was thinking I would need a shorter gun so I could use it for all occasions, £200 sounds good for a gun budget, will that get me something relatively decent? If it's something that could be upgraded at a later date if needed that would be OK, I just wouldn't have to buy a whole new gun at a later date.

Looking at the Delta force loadout, I've actually got a black skate helmet I could spray matt black and I've got black knee pads, that might be the one to go for as I'd only need the vest and clothes! Would the Delta force still use an M16 or could I get away with an M4 as a more modern version of the setup? Sorry for the questions I'm a bit new!

Cool, I'll try and find a decent M4 then, I want a sidearm too, just for aesthetics, I probably won't use it ever so I'll just get a springer. I do like desert eagles, I know it would be an M1911 but I don't really care, the Eagle is a much cooler gun and it won't notice if it's in a holster!

I thin this is the one that Eliteairsofter100 was talking about, has anyone had any experience with this gun?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2102

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not personally, but ARES generally make top notch products so I wouldn't be bothered about ordering one.

ICS, TM and CA etc might all be worth looking at though still

When I was in Wolf Armouries the other day they were saying they do a scheme where you buy a gun and they keep it there untill you have your liscence, will most places do this for you? I don't really want to spend £75 odd quid hiring a gun or buying some minging looking two tone thing. The other place near me is action games, they have an M4 there:

http://www.actiongamers.co.uk/Shop/Airsoft...t%2cProductName

which looks quite nice but I've not heard anyone mention the brand on here, is this any good?

Thier skirmish site is in Billericay, are there any Essex lads on here who go to this site, it's pretty close to where I live.

When I was in Wolf Armouries the other day they were saying they do a scheme where you buy a gun and they keep it there untill you have your liscence, will most places do this for you? I don't really want to spend £75 odd quid hiring a gun or buying some minging looking two tone thing. The other place near me is action games, they have an M4 there:

http://www.actiongamers.co.uk/Shop/Airsoft...t%2cProductName

which looks quite nice but I've not heard anyone mention the brand on here, is this any good?

Thier skirmish site is in Billericay, are there any Essex lads on here who go to this site, it's pretty close to where I live.

Just email the shop you intend to buy form them and they'll tell you if theres such a scheme in place

First that is the gun i was talking about sounds awesome! also if you dont get that, get the G&G GR16 blow-back R4 also you don't really want to do the wolf armoury scheme say you buy the gun,, they keep it there, you play a few games then all of a sudden you see a REEAAALLLYYY SEXY gun...Omg Wolf armouries i want to buy this gun now, last thing you want is for them to say, you can't return it now sir, so i would just get an M4, call the shop, or talk in person in your case, say you want REMOVABLE parts to be two toned, so when you can, you can replace, instead of buying a whole bloody new receiver, on that note, if that does happen, usually ready two toned guns, with a two tone receiver would be plastic probably, so i guess you could replace green/blue/clear PLASTIC receiver with tan/black/grey METAL receiver

That's a good point, it's just so annoying you have to get a horrible coloured gun in the first place, if you were going to use it for no good surely you'd just buy a two tone and spray it? Never mind eh...

SO the sidearm I was talking about, for mucking about in the garden with and for dire emergencies ie gun jams etc I mentioned, would you rather have a semi auto with a low FPS or a springer with a slightly better FPS?

I was looking at these two:

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/index.php?page...HFC%20EAGLE%201

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/index.php?page...02A%20EAGLE%201

I'm thinking the Semi auto (Orange gun) as if I am in a situation where I've not got a working rifle it would probably be at close quarters and the FPS wouldn't matter but I'm worried it'll be so slow no-one will notice they've been shot!

I'm under no illusion either of these will be hand cannons, I just want something to look nice (when I get a licence and it's sprayed a decent colour) and will hopefully get me out of a jam!

I managed to flat all the paint on my Skate helmet last night so it's matt black now, it looks quite good as there's a few knocks and scratches on it so it looks used, I tried it with motorcross goggles to see what it looks like and I think it'll look the part, the only difference visually between that and the Delta force one is it's got two slit vents in the front rather than a hole and that will be covered by the goggles anyway!

I'm not sure to be fair, I'll have to get some proper airsoft ones to be on the safe side, I was just trying them out for the outfit. They would probably be OK to be fair as they're designed to stop stones flicking up into your eyes but I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they weren't good enough. If they are OK that would be usefull though, they're Oakley O frames I believe.

yh it would just be eating at money, i had this real crap pound land BB GUN which was shaped like a Deagle and it was about 50 fps lol but yh semi auto, due to a spring mechanism could either have single shot power, or semi auto no power! lol

Archived