New to UK Airsoft not to Airsoft

Laz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, I've been playing airsoft for the last 6 years abroad, new to UK airsoft. I mainly go to large games which last between 3-4 days with +1000 people attending in abroad games, major geardo and high end gun builder, looking for people with the same interests in attending larger games, I'm based in North London.

I don't really go to too many local games, I prefer to go to 3-4 large games in a year and the rest of the time just repairing/upgrading my gear or planning my next large game trip. Places I've played or going to play are Border War 2014-2015-2016, Pathfinder 2014, Overload 2015, Berget 2016

I'm based in South London and would like to attend more MILSIM type events. However, not really had chance to get around to it. How easy is it to take your gear abroad?

There are plenty of milsims in the UK John.

The ones abroad are apparently a mixed bunch.

Berget is supposed to be good, but if you've never played any, it might be an idea to sample a few closer to home and see what you like and dont like.

Last Okto game here in the UK, we had a player come from Denmark and a player come from Germany.

The Dane brought his RIF with him and he didnt really have any issues at either end.

I'm based in South London and would like to attend more MILSIM type events. However, not really had chance to get around to it. How easy is it to take your gear abroad?

It's very easy, that depends on if you want to fly or drive, I normally drive, because I need to pack my tent and generator and all other goodies for a 3-4 day game. So by driving there is no problem of taking it out and into the country, I have heard that if the german police stop you they will confiscate your gun, personally never experienced that, I drive to BorderWar each year, and I drive there and back with no problems, now flying I have heard and experienced hiccups at airports, but they normally consists of time wasting by the authorities and after they bring down the armed police to confirm that it is a toy gun they will let you fly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.