TM HK416 owners, upgrade advice

Alex34
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Do you know which inner barrel is in your mate's 416?

I believe it's the prommy 6.03 which is the same as my HK416. I'm not 100% though as the quote just says prometheus barrel on my Recce which has all the same work done as his HK416.

• Supporters

It could be, i'll definitely be trying various weights of BBs to compare both guns. The only issue now is my HK416 had a lot of stray shots on sunday which suggest dirt in the barrel or hop to me, the left/right deviation was so bad I was switching to full auto to compensate. Seems strange as the last 2 games I played were almost certainly my best for first or second shot hits at 30+ metres. Regardless both the hop rubber and barrel will be getting a good cleaning this weekend :)

I have worked on many TM recoils, 416, sopmod, 417, G36, recce, cqb and scar

Leave the barrel and hop unit alone other than replacing the hop rubber and nub for a different combination, if you really are set on changing the barrel use a prommy 6.03 stainless of correct length

The only way to gain trigger response is with a. Spectre, you will be lucky to find one, BTC America had some the other day but they went like lightning

The stock piston and head are not great, piston is very soft and will give out, replace with the prommy ones as they are specific to the recoils, eagle 6 sell them but the postage is slow, you will also want a spring when you buy these as again they are fairly specific to the rifles, buy from the same place

Bushings will wear, they always do, replace with the 6mm bearing kit and re shim accordingly, leave all the other internals be

If you can get one of the samarium motors from a 417 that's the best I've found so far for these rifles and I've tried a few

To ensure your rifle also lasts longer, replace the stock tube but and trigger lock pin with the strengthened ones from eagle 6

I have worked on many TM recoils, 416, sopmod, 417, G36, recce, cqb and scar

Leave the barrel and hop unit alone other than replacing the hop rubber and nub for a different combination, if you really are set on changing the barrel use a prommy 6.03 stainless of correct length

The only way to gain trigger response is with a. Spectre, you will be lucky to find one, BTC America had some the other day but they went like lightning

The stock piston and head are not great, piston is very soft and will give out, replace with the prommy ones as they are specific to the recoils, eagle 6 sell them but the postage is slow, you will also want a spring when you buy these as again they are fairly specific to the rifles, buy from the same place

Bushings will wear, they always do, replace with the 6mm bearing kit and re shim accordingly, leave all the other internals be

If you can get one of the samarium motors from a 417 that's the best I've found so far for these rifles and I've tried a few

To ensure your rifle also lasts longer, replace the stock tube but and trigger lock pin with the strengthened ones from eagle 6

Thanks for the advice!

Already have the Spectre, bought it from BTC the other day when they restocked.

The spring will be from Eagle6 as well as most of the other parts (should I go down the road of changing them as well).

• 6 months later...

Hey Alex

How did the upgrade go? Is your HK416 sorted now? I'm just going through this myself with the following:

Prometheus 6mm bearings

SHS high speed gears (the TM sector gear was warped on its axle, no amount of shimming could rectify that)

SHS full metal rack piston

Prometheus Aero cylinder head

Prometheus hard hop up/nub

M110 spring (if I can stay under 340fps)

I noticed there is a fairly large amount of play in the trigger before it starts to actuate the switch inside the gearbox, so I'm keen to mitigate that too - otherwise you get a couple of mm of slack in the trigger before it starts to bite.

Be great to catch you at the Mall sometime and see the finished product!!

Cheers,

Rich

Hey Alex

How did the upgrade go? Is your HK416 sorted now? I'm just going through this myself with the following:

Prometheus 6mm bearings

SHS high speed gears (the TM sector gear was warped on its axle, no amount of shimming could rectify that)

SHS full metal rack piston

Prometheus Aero cylinder head

Prometheus hard hop up/nub

M110 spring (if I can stay under 340fps)

I noticed there is a fairly large amount of play in the trigger before it starts to actuate the switch inside the gearbox, so I'm keen to mitigate that too - otherwise you get a couple of mm of slack in the trigger before it starts to bite.

Be great to catch you at the Mall sometime and see the finished product!!

Cheers,

Rich

Yeah it worked out really well. I changed pretty much everything except the gears and inner barrel.

The gun feels more responsive and "tighter (if that makes any sense)". I left the gears alone as nothing was wrong with them and I only went with a M100 spring. I get about 330fps which is where I wanted to be to stay cbq legal.

I had to upgrade my lipo battery so the BTC mosfet would run at its optimum potential. I found that mosfet demands a higher costant supply of energy than stock so I had to do a bit of modification. It was definitely worth it though.

I definitely notice the improvements since upgrading and I'm glad I did it. Airsoft Kingdom did a really good job but the turn around was a lot longer than expected. Sam posted a video of him breaking my gun down on youtube if you're interested in that kinda thing.

Oh... and I'll be at the mall on Sunday June 12th. Might be there before then but that date is a definite.

• 3 years later...
  • Head Moderator

@Matt1213 this is an old topic. Create a new one for your specific issue in this Advice & Technical Help section.

Archived