HPA... Tippman, p* fusion engine?

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have a tippmann the recoil the noise epic, ultra reliability and relatively cheap.

I have a p*jack almost silent bb lazer machine

I like to think of a tippmann as a broad sword, and my jack as a scalpel.

The tippmann has one issue with the hop unit, but this is solved with the 3D printed extended hop nub.

The p*jack, you have to buy the base gun etc

Never been turned away from any site with either

• Root Admin

Daytona Gun. Recoil, loud noise, no electronics but still a rate of fire up to about 20rps on the lighter bolt systems. It's extremely accurate when combined with an R-Hop and a wider bore barrel once the break-in is done.

Cons are huge air consumption (you'll want a 4500 tank) and highest initial cost of any HPA option. Also getting parts and help when you start is a bit of a hassle, but not impossible. Oh and the 10k break-in is a little annoying as you get choppers, flyers and varying FPS for that time.

Had a GHK G5 with home made HPA tapped hi-caps, awesome gun out the box but once able to use hi-caps made it far more skirmishable against AEGs.

With the P* jack, is it as simple as gutting the gun's gearbox and dropping in the Jack and all it's gubbins?

Might end up buying a support weapon in future and jacking it

Why is the IGL recommended more than grip connect, are they not mutually exclusive? PS, I do understand why the IGL is good, it maintains its bore width and flow volume when stressed, and does not degrade at either end needing replacement.

• Root Admin

Grip connect connects to the macro line inside the grip or stock, but the IGL connects straight onto the engine. Better to get an IGL or DIGL as it's more durable (no push fittings at all), but does require disassembly to install (though it's super easy). The grip connect is a Redline product that was about before the IGLs.

Is there a no way to create the practical effect of the grip connect while keeping the Amped Airsoft product's benefits?

I suppose when it comes down to it grip connect actually creates weakness by reducing flexibility, but thats just speculation.

• Root Admin

Essentially they're the same as they both have a larger bore internal diameter, but the IGL circumvents any 6mm macro so is neater and gives the most optimum air flow (which matters with something like Daytona Gun, but not Polarstar, SMP etc.).

It's just a slightly more durable and complete solution really. There's no push fitting that can go wrong, and installing one is pretty easy.

• Supporters

The amped igl is wayy better then the macro line (for all the reasons posted above), and is only £35'ish

Besides its easier to fit it before you close the box up, then after :)

Plus it looks wayy cooler :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.