Opinion Discussion, which hits should count?

A Radford

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Disagree with that statement I always call my hits its part of being the best.

Yeah, best at losing! Shoot out, you, me after school! Lol

• Supporters

gun hit , gun out of action switch to secondary (your up poop creak if you've not got one !) any other hit your out , and if any ones says "I've got body armour on so I'm stil in !" There talking out of there Arse ! I've seen the after effects of real shots to body armour and believe me you'd not be in a fit state to keep on playing !

1. I'd say weapon hits shouldn't count, as that's the rule my site uses and we've never had any issues with it. I can see why other sites don't use it though, especially if the weapon is blocking the player (rather than hitting the barrel of an outstretched weapon.

2. I'll take any hit that strikes my gear, regardless of where it is in relation to the rest of me. I think most others do this. If I get hit in a magazine pouch that's just overhanging cover, I don't know what angle the shooter is at to say whether or not the round would have hit me if I wasn't wearing it.

3. Interesting concept to say that those with helmets have different rules that others. Perhaps a rule that wearing a helmet allows you to ignore the first round that strikes it could work. It would definitely be too difficult to marshal though, but it would give players a better reason to wear them other than the appearance (I personally stopped wearing my helmet as soon as I worked out how to cable-tie my camera to a baseball cap. Would be nice to have a justifiable reason to start wearing it again (mobility vs protection)

A hit is a hit. Gun, gear who cares. I hope to god I don't play with anyone who is so up tight about taking there hits. Just take it.

Also 99.9% of the time it's idiots who don't take these hits that are the first to complain (bitch) about other people not taking hits.

I have a very simple policy when dealing with (cqb) situations like this;

- first hit is on the gun or gear.

- second hit is on the clothes

- third, four, fifth..... Thirtieth lol are all goin either on skin, face, arse or bolloxs. And when u moan about over kill u will be told u should have taken the first one. This is probably why am the smiling assassin.

My opinion only:

All three questions: the answer is Yes they count, they are all splitting hairs. Just play the game & take your hits. When you start making exceptions the rules become complicated. KISS principle and have fun

I think gun hits should be counted as hit/disabled. I've been in some games where some one has their gun between a tiny piece of cover so the only thing you can hit is the gun.

Now granted the team could flank the enemy and flush him out of his hidey hole but teamwork at skirmishes seems to be rare and its more likely the game just gets to a stalemate.

Gun hits give a better edge as well as helping with deal with any blind firing numpties.

As for armour and gear hits they all count, you get to choose the trade off between how much you carry on the field and how little you want your profile to be.

Also if in doubt take the hit is a golden rule. Last game an enemy came round a Bush where I was crouched down , I took a shot got the hit, he took a shot which I thought I heard hit the tree just behind my head as I did not feel the bb hit me (at less than 5 metres between us) he thought he hit me so I took the hit. I'd rather we both got some enjoyment that an argument.

It's a game at the end of the day. Though not according to a 40 year old surgeon on the field that day.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.