Anyone with a G&G L85 with Madbull DD Rail?

Avionyx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I'm having real problems with my Madbull DD rail. Basically I can't get it to fit onto my G&G L85 A2.

I bought the rail which seems to have come with the ICS adaptor. So I emailed Madbull and they say I shouldn't need anything else to fit it to the L85A2

However I've got nothing to screw it into then at the trigger-side end.

Could someone with a &&G L85A2 please take a picture of what their rail secures to at the trigger end so I can work out what I'm missing, I'm going mad with this!

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

There should be 2 little square lugs located at the bottom of the receiver which slot into a square lug hole located at the bottom rear end of the rail

Yeah I guessed that was the case, I've got the 2 square lugs but the rail looks like it doesn't have the required opposite number.

Just what I'm assuming is the ICS adaptor.

post-11576-0-35610600-1445511377_thumb.jpg

Rail with no insert

post-11576-0-56060400-1445511390_thumb.jpg

What looks like the ICS insert?

post-11576-0-11834300-1445511389_thumb.jpg

post-11576-0-45814700-1445511389_thumb.jpg

post-11576-0-12179000-1445511390_thumb.jpg

Don't suppose someone out there would mind measuring up their G&G one up so I can get one 3D printed or something like that?

Many thanks,

Alex

Youve split the reciever first before attempting install right? If not do that, and them fit the adapter piece, before attaching the rail, the rail should come with a small instruction set explaining? Not in the country atm otherwise id give you some pictures, apologies if that makes no sense

From memory you do not need an adapter to fit the DD rail to a G&G L85. I had the ARMY version which is exactly the same receiver as the G&G and the only fixing points were the two lugs on the end of the receiver and the sling point screw at the front end. If you have a rail with the ICS adapter then it may only fit on the ICS receiver, which I believe, again from memory, is different to the others. Mind you, at my age, memory is a fleeting thing and I could be wrong.

Hi Guys,

I am beginning to think it might be different to what I need.

Does anyone out there with a G&G model have the time to take a picture for me of how those square lugs secure against the rail?

Many thanks,

Alex

Looks like I do indeed!

I've already emailed Madbull and tried their contact form but to no avail.

I'll have to keep an eye out for anyone with a non G&G who might have one going spare (cash waiting!!!) or perhaps make one up out of something.

Really appreciate you taking the time to get the pics for me.

Alex

• 3 years later...
On 23/10/2015 at 13:26, sp00n said:

hope these pics help, but looking at your pics you need the block that clamps round the barrel

43F9DF92-1909-4180-98F7-E8DD83A062D8_zps

0EF8D750-BDAE-4667-917F-8CF7C0178117_zps

Does the barrel mount adapter slide on anymore or is that it ready for the rail to be attached? I can’t seem to get mine to sit flus. I thought the two lugs would sit in the slot in the adapter?

• 5 months later...
On 23/10/2015 at 15:53, Avionyx said:

Looks like I do indeed!

I've already emailed Madbull and tried their contact form but to no avail.

I'll have to keep an eye out for anyone with a non G&G who might have one going spare (cash waiting!!!) or perhaps make one up out of something.

Really appreciate you taking the time to get the pics for me.

Alex

Hey, I'm aware that this is a couple of years old now but if you still need the rail I have a real steel Daniel Defence rail which I believe fits directly onto the G&G. 
It looked like you had the ICS Madbull rail which is the one I'm looking for instead of the real steel one.

I'll be up for a sale or trade if you still have/want that

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.