Fill a HPA Tank

Gweggles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here's an easy guide on how to fill an HPA tank.

• Supporters

I hate to say it but those fill valves are not that good at all.

I hated mine soo much I bought one of the better ones that screws into the tank (will post links tomorrow)

• Supporters

i use one of those vavles but it's from RAP4UK. i like it have used it for over a year with no problem what so ever. how ever i have seen people buy those cheap Chinese copies with bad results, one guys burst open whilst filling thankfully he had it strapped down otherwise the outcome could have been really bad.

• Root Admin

I hate to say it but those fill valves are not that good at all.

I hated mine soo much I bought one of the better ones that screws into the tank (will post links tomorrow)

Two different fittings for Scuba tanks: DIN and Yoke. That's a Yoke Scuba tank valve in the video so the 'screw in' ones won't work with it (Yoke has no threads). I have one of the screw in DIN ones that you now have too. The Yoke ones will fit onto DIN with an absolutely terrible seal, so I can see why many people would think it's the fill station going wrong rather than a compatibility issue.

Did you by any chance accidentally buy a Yoke fill station for your DIN tank? Most 232bar tanks are Yoke, so most retailers stock the Yoke stations as the 3000psi option. It's an easy mistake to make, and not one that enough retailers explain.

Yoke vs DIN

Yoke fill station (as seen in the video)

fill_station-198x300.jpg

DIN fill station

Paintball-Airsoft-Air-Gun-HPA-High-Press

• Supporters

My tank came with a threaded adapter that fits in the neck of the bottle, to allow either DIN or a yoke type to fit.

The reasons I hated my yoke type:-

1, I work with compressed gas, at a much lower pressure mind, in my view this isn't as positive a seal (to the bottle) as the DIN type.

2, the pressure relief screw was always stiff as hell to move when under pressure, I used to have to use pipe grips to turn it, and I had to wind it some 3-5mm out before it relieved the pressure, even when it was only closed finger tight.

3, I dislike the design, the part you screw, to secure it on to a bottle, mine was pointed. I wondered if it would do damage to the bottle I should not have worried though as the point is now rounded off.

I got my yoke type free with my jack kit, so it's probably a cheapy one. It's now a paper weight, as it's all its good for in my view.

I bought the DIN type, and it's a much better system, it's far more positive sealing, a better design and safer (in my view)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.