New area new hobby

Ryg91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I have just moved to Northampton and want to start something new and to meet new people. Found airsoft and it looks like something I could get in to but I don't know anyone to go with. Would it bad to rock up to a skirmish on my own or do people tend to go in groups? Thanks

• Head Moderator

Find a site you like the look of, book some hire kit, and rock up. Many of us start as lone players. Once at the site you will generally get talking to other players before and after games, either because you are stood/sat near them or they are on the same team. Airsofters are mainly friendly and like to talk about and show off their kit.

Through this forum I have met a couple of other players and been shown around sites by them.

No you can go on your own, but you will need to make the effort to talk to people - ask them about their airsoft imitation firearms for example.. Alternatively, play a cooperative game like a basic milsim where the game demands that you work together. Its always a good icebreaker.

• Supporters

Just go on your own lots of people do.

I actually prefer it because when your in a group people always want to try and play as a team and that doesn't suit my play style. Once you have been to a site a few times you get to know people anyway.

Just walk around looking like a lost puppy someone will start to feel sorry for you and chat and help you out with some friendly advice.

Hi, welcome to the boards,

I found when I started out it easier to talk to people out in the field of play. If your regular site has a facebook group try to join that and get involved in banter /discussion there too. Always a good way to get chatting on the day. Just play with integrity and don't be scared of getting shot.

I also found if you push objectives with other players you'll have chance to discuss how you took down 10 enemy one handed John rambo style while watching the backs of the other guys who stormed the building, saved the girl and making it back for breakfast. As opposed to running off to secret squirrel it on your own and popping out the trees about 10mins after everyone else has done and headed back to the safe zone :)

• Head Moderator

Just walk around looking like a lost puppy someone will start to feel sorry for you and chat and help you out with some friendly advice.

I just tend to walk around lost, or as I prefer to call it "geographically challenged" quite often. Many times I have to get directions from the opposition team. ;)

As opposed to running off to secret squirrel it on your own and popping out the trees about 10mins after everyone else has done and headed back to the safe zone :)

I was just guarding my cache of nuts, and checking to see whether the girl had a sister who needed rescuing :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.