Advice on tri shot shotguns.

crazy_lizard

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I'm gonna be playing qcb I've decided to run a shotgun loadout (something different to everyone else's M4s).

I've seen the de m56dl it looks Ok and shoots at around 290 - 310 fps which is Ok cos the site limit is 325fps, has anyone used or have this shotty and what's the build quality like considering it's a fairly cheap gun.

Fairly solid gun, like all tri shots, just don't expect to be hitting the same range as an AEG. Only issue I had with mine was stock wobble which is a fairly common occurrence with that particular model.

Other wise it's a very good gun for the price. Just have a care if you dissassemble it - can be a little bit tricky.

Fairly solid gun, like all tri shots, just don't expect to be hitting the same range as an AEG. Only issue I had with mine was stock wobble which is a fairly common occurrence with that particular model.

Other wise it's a very good gun for the price. Just have a car if you dissassemble it - can be a little bit tricky.

Cheers distance is not gonna be a problem this site is very close QCB the longest line of sight is maybe 25 meters max as for the stock wobble a long 4mm allen key will sort that.

Sorry to thread-jack but i'm after some advice on shotguns, i now have 2 shotguns one single shot and 1 tri-shot both use the 30bb shells now looking on line leads me to believe that only certain shells can be used in tri-shots is that true?

Depends on the gun and shell to be honest. My tri shot has taken any shell I've used in it, but my old single shot shotgun could only take small 14 round shells which were of really poor quality. This obviously only applies to spring shotguns as gas shotguns (apart from the TM M870 range) use specific shells for the gun in question. Best shells for a tri shot (in my opinion) are the Tokyo Marui ones followed by the classic Double Eagle ones:

http://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=369&search=Shotgun

The more readily available ASG ones don't hold a candle to these shells. The quality difference is very obvious when you hold them let alone when you actually want to use them in your gun. I've had numerous ASG shells and they've all suffered from the same thing: a very weak spring. Out of the last 18 ASG shells I've bought I only have two that work reliably - even then I try not to use them unless I have to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.