New player - advice appreciated

Razorbreed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

To be fair the predator does stand out from the rest of the G&G crowd.

Because it has the most stupid looking front rail ever.

Honestly the Krytac you listed was miles ahead of everything else.

I think your confusing aesthetics with common sense. My initial preference was for the Ares - however not a single person stood up and said how well made they are and how they last. I have been into two Ares retailers this week and they both said they are a good make but they get returns on them as they haven't lasted well. Everyones feedback on G&G has been good and the online reviews are excellent.

My new preference would be the Kryptac Vector but its not available yet. Why ? Because I personally like the look of it and I want something different to the run of mill M4 / G36. Hence the Predator - I personally like the look of that rail - I did say on my OP that I am not into Mil Sim, for me it doesn't have to be military accurate - it has to look cool and be good value for money. I wouldn't criticise someone with an M16 or an AK just because I don't like the look of them.

In my humble and newbie opinion I think that Kryptac could change the game as the first current real steel gun manufacturer. It will be interesting to see what the longer term feedback is on their kit.

Anyway, I'm off after the rest of the sheep as the grass looks greener just over there . . .

• Supporters

I understand the need for something different but would definitely recommend others over that G&G.

If you like the full length rail look.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-par-mk3-cqb-mtr-aeg-airsoft-gun

Looks awesome with a silencer on and great performance.

Something different to an Ar15 style

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/asg-cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-m95-airsoft-gun-aeg-special-offer

Looks nice has good performance and fairly reliable.

Best performing gun and slightly different to standard M4.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/krytac-trident-pdw-p4371

Dont be put off by the stubby size its accurate. Its reliable and Krytacs are the best performing M4's without spending silly money.

Funnily enough I do like the look of suppressors, the PAR CQB is really nice, off to look for some videos of that one. Not a fan of the Scorpion at all but that Krytac looks a good model to customise up with a suppressor and grips - I'll hunt out some videos of that as well.

Thanks of the suggestions

• Supporters

At the end of the day get what you like the look of, Trigger does have a point though that G&G aren't the be all and end all of mid range guns :)

G&G are great entry level guns but best to stay away from the ones with the mosfet and ecu,s because they are not so good.

Looks like a lot of gun for £245 but as anybody who plays airsoft soon learns you get what you pay for and what looks like a bargain usually isnt.

Thanks again for everyones input so far. Moving on from weapons let me ask about - helmets.

I've noticed there seems to be a huge variation in prices for what are all replicas (copies). I'm guessing some are better quality then others which may account for some of the price difference.

On the Emerson style classic helmet can anyone recommend good brands / bad brands or things to look out for or avoid ?

I'm really happy with my Par Mk3 291. Have seen the cqb version in the shop, it's def different! What ever you do if you get one DONT GET TAN. It's hideous in Tan and the receiver is a slightly different colour to the rail. The outta the box rear wire is nice too. Great rate of fire out of the box also.

• Supporters

I'm really happy with my Par Mk3 291. Have seen the cqb version in the shop, it's def different! What ever you do if you get one DONT GET TAN. It's hideous in Tan and the receiver is a slightly different colour to the rail. The outta the box rear wire is nice too. Great rate of fire out of the box also.

Everything is hideous in tan.

• Head Moderator

What the RMP don't know about helmets aint worth knowin. Rule #1 always keep it fresh n ready for action.

Think that may need a new thread.

Rule #2 as long as it's hard then its safe to use

• Supporters

Funnily enough I do like the look of suppressors, the PAR CQB is really nice, off to look for some videos of that one. Not a fan of the Scorpion at all but that Krytac looks a good model to customise up with a suppressor and grips - I'll hunt out some videos of that as well.

Thanks of the suggestions

Be very careful of youtube reviews a lot of them are sponsored so will praise even the biggest piece of crap on the market.

A lot of the others are "look at my new gat its the bestest ever and I know this because I own it and paid for it out my own pocket money bro" sort of thing.

Trust the forum advice over youtube, just dont listen to sittingduck because he will tell you to buy a G&G combat masheep but they are made out of cheese alloy.

• Head Moderator

Be very careful of youtube reviews a lot of them are sponsored so will praise even the biggest piece of crap on the market.

No way. You mean I have to disregard all those great Just BB gun vids.

• Supporters

Also watch out for people with a vendetta against combat machines for some reason 😉

The reason is they are shite. The reason they are so cheap is because they are mass produced using piss poor materials and poor quality control. Just utter shite. 😠

Few that feels better☺

From experience, don't get a bear mask. Used it once and it was HORRIBLE, vision was blurred, it was uncomfy too! If you need two tone, order from fire support, they give a nice paint job, and the paint rubs off easily (cheeky but good). Or buy a pet tiger and romp the arena.

Oh, and, if you are going with ICS, order from fire support. Fire support is like the bees nest of ICS.

• Head Moderator

bees nest of ICS.

??? Do you mean 'bees knees' or 'business'?

??? Do you mean 'bees knees' or 'business'?

Tbh, I don't know. I was trying to say something kinky. Vocab isn't one of my strong points haha.

• Head Moderator

Tbh, I don't know. I was trying to say something kinky. Vocab isn't one of my strong points haha.

The difference between kinky and peverse is using a feather or the whole chicken!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.