Monty's A&K SVD thread

Monty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

...And it wont fire. It'll lock back, great, but the trigger becomes very loose when the piston is locked back. Any ideas? I've yet to fit the new piston that's on it's way so maybe that'll work fine. Thread to be updated.

You may have put the trigger block back with the safe/semi lever in the wrong place. Make sure the little lever on the right side back of the block picks up the back end of the safe/semi lever properly.

• Supporters

You may have put the trigger block back with the safe/semi lever in the wrong place. Make sure the little lever on the right side back of the block picks up the back end of the safe/semi lever properly.

That makes sense, I'll have a look into it when the new piston arrives.

• Supporters

Piston's arrived, appears to be smaller than the A&K piston.. Not at home to compare them at the moment, but we'll see.

This new piston has two o-rings rather than the one, so I'm expecting better compression and a slight fps increase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've had a chance to fit the new piston, I'm impressed with the results. There is a significant fps increase, and slight decrease in noise when fired. Some other stuff that's on my list:

New barrel, bucking (maybe?) sorbo pad for extra noise reduction, suppressor with foam inserts, new trigger pin, and definitely some new ABS furniture.. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Fitted a 709mm DeepFire 6.04 tightbore, Systema silent piston head and a Maple leaf 75 degree bucking, so far it's a lot quieter, just need to get to a shooting range to actually test the thing.

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

Let's get back into it.

With the new PDI 190% spring, the SVD was shooting 360 FPS on .20g BB's, disappointingly. Was advertised as being able to shoot over 400 FPS.

Replaced the inner barrel with a ICS L86 barrel, the Maple Leaf bucking wouldn't fit properly due to the ramped nub being longer than the tightbore's window, the ICS barrel has a very long window so the bucking sits comfortably.

Chrono test after changing the barrel to the ICS barrel, and the spring to the stock A&K SVD spring. Hop up off;

430+ FPS consistently on .20g BB's (Blasters)

310+ FPS consistently on .40g BB's (ASG)

Archived