Need some advice

Jason1223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been advised to seek advice from the airsofting community on a rifle i've been looking at buying (rifle is in the link - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/classic-army-m16-vn-2014-version-black.htm#.Vh0N4IlwZAj )

Does anyone know if this is a good basic rifle ... I'm not worried about it's lack of customisation or if the magazine is to small as I can buy ones that carry a bigger capacity of bb's.

Please let me know as I'd like to put an order in so that I'll have a rifle for the next up coming game.

Looks like an okay rifle. Ideal if you want to do a vietnam loadout, not great if you want to look more modern. It's also rather long for any CQB.

There are better rifles out there for less money if you want to customise. Consider a G&G combat machine M4.

• Supporters

that style is available ot Gunfire if you got defense/ukara but needs downgrading...

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152200651-JG1601MG-carbine-replica.html
&
http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152205417-GFG35-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

a very long mofo 500mm barrel perhaps pushing max volume on normal aeg box

c

heaper options - shorty plastic version

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152201882-GFG21-carbine-replica.html

or

not quite the Vietnam look with triangle handguard but kinda similar:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152202001-CM017-Assault-Rifle-Replica-Tan.html

dunno why but tan is 30 euro cheaper than black version

though remember these cheaper ones are polymer

the baby one looks sweet and not so crazy mofo long - though stubby fixed would of been better

hey blow me - just seen one of the pics and that mid size stubby seems retractable - wow

might have to consider one of these just to get a look at that adjustable fixed stock

(which would mean it ain't a fixed stock... It's fixed Jim but not as we know it)

Im not really looking to customise ... Im just after a as is rifle that I can buy for game days instead of reserving a club rifle.

I was going to link to a gun, I just bought, from the orange/blue BB sites, but i'm flabbergasted to see it is 105% more expensive in the UK in two tone, than poland.

Answer this before anyone else can help you:

Are you 18 or over?

Do you have a UKARA number?

I am over 18 but don't have ukara yet my next game will be the third one to satisfy the criteria for that

In that case, you're just like the rest of us, there are lots of threads on this topic and much has been said before, if you give exacting requirements, people can really help you out, but otherwise, hire at your next game, and ask as many people as possible if you might be able to hold their gun and then aim each down the sights. Shoot it if allowed, some people assume you will, but I always ask. I even swapped with someone who was hiring once for a few shots in the middle of an engagement.

I don't recommend shopping here, tax is guaranteed, shipping does not include [mandatory] handling fees, but this page is great for finding ideas:

http://www.evike.com/shop/21/672/

M4's are recommended because they're the most common (and commonly desired), and common equals cheaper, more competitive manufactures, and cheaper up/side-grades.

Once you have UKARA you can import guns - though it can be worth paying more to get it from inside europe. Be sure to check the weight of guns when buying them, two guns of the exact type can have 2+ KGs of weight difference.

Guns are generally priced 20-80, 80-130, 130-180, 180-250, £250+ in my observations, two guns from similar price brackets are going to be similar quality in many cases - as are two from the same manufacturer/range in adjacent brackets. These brackets do not include batteries, chargers, slings, or bags: cheaper guns do often come with NiMh batteries and chargers included.

80-130 is a great starting point, gets you off hiring, you have not spent too much if you run into problems - even if those problems are in part caused by not spending much, you have a cheaper throwaway gun for lending to friends after you buy your 'main' gun, you can learn about AEGs from a cheaper gun - most guns allegedly get worse when you open the insides for the first time. You have a backup when your main gun has issues.

You also won't mind so much that first time you fall on it.

Don't forget face protection when you stop hiring. Buy a sling.

That I shall bear in mind when buying my next rifle (hopefully something along the lines of a sniper rifle ... possibly an m4 with optics) But if you guys think this rifle will be ok as it is then I'm happy.

The gun - has a fixed stock apparently, may be something you want to watch out... Wether it is actually fixed on, I don't know, but it does say. Just saying, maybe you want a scope/red dot.

EDIT: carry handle* not stock .-.

• Supporters

The gun - has a fixed stock apparently, may be something you want to watch out... Wether it is actually fixed on, I don't know, but it does say. Just saying, maybe you want a scope/red dot.

Almost nothing about this post makes me think you're even sober.

Yes a Vietnam style M16 has a fixed stock. You can quite clearly see it in all its fixed length glory fixed to the back end of the gun. If it was not a fixed stock it would be either a folding or adjustable stock. If it wasn't fixed to the gun it would be what we know as a "spare part" and not terribly useful for steadying the rifle in use.

Almost nothing about this post makes me think you're even sober.

Yes a Vietnam style M16 has a fixed stock. You can quite clearly see it in all its fixed length glory fixed to the back end of the gun. If it was not a fixed stock it would be either a folding or adjustable stock. If it wasn't fixed to the gun it would be what we know as a "spare part" and not terribly useful for steadying the rifle in use.

C'mon give the guy a break, he was after all... Just Saying. :ph34r:

• Supporters

C'mon give the guy a break, he was Just Saying. :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

Meant to say fixed carry handle soz. I think I'm now generally known as the noob of this forum.

• Supporters

Meant to say fixed carry handle soz

See...NOW it makes sense!

Yes, the VN style M16s have a fixed carry handle, they also have a little hole in the top of it that can be used to attach either a Vietnam era style tube sight or a small section of 20mm rail that can then be used to mount modern sights.

Equally, iron sights are just fine.

• Supporters

If you google "M16 carry handle scope" you will see what I mean.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.