Retailer FPS Downgrades.

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How precise are these services?

I'm looking at two guns (CYMA/JG) listed as 360 and 360-400 fps. I need around 338-349, can I just whack a suppressor on the 360 and get the other downgraded to 340? Or should I just get both downgraded.

• Supporters

I'd consider getting both done as GF TWG do it free

a suppressor would knock probably 5fps if that off and yeah you could just scrape under a 350 limit with hop on a bit

but no chance of using it at Mall with a 330 to 340 max limit

if you want out of box use get it done

yup you can nick 10fps when the AoE is done or leave spring cocked overnight maybe

but a hot gun you can't use is just an ornament in ya boot/room if you can't use it on site until it is tweaked down a bit

if it comes in @ 330 then is gonna be fine for Mall is the way you gotta see it

and GG pistols and TM's may only hit 300fps anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Suppressors don't slow the bullet velocity of real guns down and certainly it doesn't slow a BB down. Its one of those nonsence balancing mechanics from computer games that a lot of people seem to misunderstand and think it might be a real effect. It isn't.

Suppressors don't slow the bullet velocity of real guns down and certainly it doesn't slow a BB down. Its one of those nonsence balancing mechanics from computer games that a lot of people seem to misunderstand and think it might be a real effect. It isn't.

Funnily enough that's not where I got that idea from. :) In the end I just got the one gun, and asked for TWG to reduce it to 335. Bought a bunch of different length suppressors, but only cus they look nice. Airsoft Engineering ones with no text.

I think the point with regards to FPS drop is that it puts the gun further away from the chronograph, granting the BB more time to lose force. But that's a whole other topic about whether the muzzle is the end of the inner or outer barrel. :)

• Supporters

Aye. I'd also say the FPS drop over the first metre is going to be so negligible it probably won't even show up during your crono.

It does but only by about 2 to 5 fps I found which isnt going to make a difference.

Checked it before by using the Xcortech x3300w and a normal chrono.

Fired through as normal to check the difference between the two and then started moving back so I knew the difference was distance not different chronos.

When I get a new stand alone chrono will try it at different distances and post results.

Well, I only mentioned it off of some passing comments, I've no evidence or proof that the phenomenon of measurable fps drop between an inner barrel's terminus and the weapon's muzzle occurs or does not occur, but I trust my source.

Once I get a chrono of my own i'll be testing for my own interests. But only because I just bought 30cm of outer barrel to put on my gun - because why not.

Make it your own, right?

EDIT:

At my last game day I chronoed 5/5 351 FPS. :(

• Supporters

Jeeez

I said " 5fps if that " at the beginning and advised to get spring downgraded anyway

I have found a few fps may be knocked off the final figure with a spongey spring suppressor type

Not a lot at all but might just keep marshals happy at chrono if gun is right on the borders

That is what I personally have found - not much but on them hollow spongey suppressors it did drop a couple or 3

(well it deffo seemed to be slightly less dues to a small final distance from barrel & chrono)

The above is a minor example of a suppressor perhaps with a 10 to 15mm internal tube as opposed to the 6mm barrel.....

BUT lets not forget the Socom-MK23 GG pistol and there is a stubby m4 aeg I saw on evike that had an extension type suppressor

http://www.evike.com/products/49138/

BOTH of these guns's fps actually INCREASE when the suppressor/extension was fitted

Though these are more like barrel extensions than suppressors tbh

I don't really care about science or wtf you might call it but all I will say:

They "can" change - the final fps

usually in most cases the difference is so tiny it won't notice unless you are close to site's limit

and it may appear to make no real difference what so ever too

but then that depends on the suppressor or type of suppressor used

PEACE FFS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.