TM Mk23 - how to attach under mount rail?

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I have just purchased a Laylax (Nineball) under mount base v2 for my TM Mk23 Socom pistol. Replacing the LAM unit with under mount that has 20mm RIS rail so that I can use a tactical light. The under mount slides on and off the rails (that the LAM fits in) on the pistol and so needs some retention device. There are 2 small holes in the centre of the mount which I presume are for fixing it into the pistol. The pistol does not have any holes to receive screws. I do not speak Japanese so no idea what the packet says, and there were no screws provided in the packet with the under mount. What type of screws do I need to use. Has anyone had the same issue?

• Head Moderator

Thanks sp00n, that gave me the information I needed. I am now adding 'grub screw' to my airsoft vocabulary.

I have just phoned Fire Support (from where I bought the mount) and they went and checked one of the other packs in stock and explained how it works. I was missing the grub screws which fit into two threaded holes in the mount and push up a small metal plate that locks the mount onto the pistol. Fire Support are now kindly sending me some screws.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.