Gear box help needed

Ryry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i have taken my gearbox out of my g3 to change the switch but i just fired a few shots before disassembly and noticed the piston and spring some times stop mid cycle so the spring is under tension see my pic, is this a bad thing or normal thing? While i have the gear box open i can sort it out but just dont know the reason for it any ideas?

post-8458-0-90879900-1445083723_thumb.jpg

Pretty normal in most cases. I presume you don't have a mosfet fitted? The only way you can eliminate this altogether would be an active breaking fet.

• Supporters

is this the box that don't work on semi properly ???

so you got hit n miss trigger problems - maybe switch or spring

just try n get the thing to just about fire - so you see no bit of piston in window then open/fix box/switch

my guess is that a stock gun won't do that if trigger/switch/cut off lever working correctly

it is when you get it running real quick you get this on semi...

Active Brake mosfet is one thing but another way to reduce over running is higher speed gears n short stroking a higher spring

But think your initial problem is your switch/spring is bust - once fixed it won't do this crap so much

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.