Looking for a good lipo and Nimh battery charger

matas17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So iv recently bought several cranestock 11.1v 1300mah batteries with deans connectors now i need to find a good charger for them, Iv been looking around for advice but couldn't find anything decent.

I'v built myself a high speed setup for my 416 which will use 11.1v Lipos with deans connectors

I also got G&G SRXL and at the moment i use 9.6V 1600mAh mini-tamiya batteries.

So i need something good of both worlds to charge both types of batteries with ease, I'm looking to spend max of £50 for charger and necessary addons if required.

• Head Moderator

Imax B6, recommended by many, and I have one ;)

• Supporters
Deans yes

Mini tamiya no, but you can get a deans/mini tamiya really cheap (see eBay item number 281755690248)

There is 2 models of the imax b6 one with an inbuilt power supply, one with external power supply either is good

1st link is good one

2nd link is for a laptop charger, it won't work

3rd link is also a laptop charger, it won't work

• Supporters

gen b6 from hobbyking - uk site is best

(clones are just under £15, genuine are £20 from hobbyking.co.uk - buy from fleabay and you may pay £25 for a clone)

clones often are a bit inaccurate so there is a risk of overcharging beyond 4.2v per cell which will damage it

Hence unless you are a tight arse like me - pay a little bit more and get a proper Genuine one for about £20 is my advice

you can save a few quid on psu if you got a DECENT laptop charger within the range of volts AND amps !!!

you can use a laptop charger - 12v to 18v but needs to be a decent amp of at least 3amp to 5amp

you should get the 5.5mm/2.5mm jack plug in B6 box to splice it - but only if you know what you are doing

other than that buy a 15/16v 5amp psu with 5.5mm/2.5mm plug (posi centre) B6 type charger for about £12

Deans yes

Mini tamiya no, but you can get a deans/mini tamiya really cheap (see eBay item number 281755690248)

There is 2 models of the imax b6 one with an inbuilt power supply, one with external power supply either is good

1st link is good one

2nd link is for a laptop charger, it won't work

3rd link is also a laptop charger, it won't work

gen b6 from hobbyking - uk site is best

(clones are just under £15, genuine are £20 from hobbyking.co.uk - buy from fleabay and you may pay £25 for a clone)

clones often are a bit inaccurate so there is a risk of overcharging beyond 4.2v per cell which will damage it

Hence unless you are a tight arse like me - pay a little bit more and get a proper Genuine one for about £20 is my advice

you can save a few quid on psu if you got a DECENT laptop charger within the range of volts AND amps !!!

you can use a laptop charger - 12v to 18v but needs to be a decent amp of at least 3amp to 5amp

you should get the 5.5mm/2.5mm jack plug in B6 box to splice it - but only if you know what you are doing

other than that buy a 15/16v 5amp psu with 5.5mm/2.5mm plug (posi centre) B6 type charger for about £12

Already bought one from hobbyking now just need to find decent power supply for B6

• Supporters

Already bought one from hobbyking now just need to find decent power supply for B6

11v to 18v but needs a bit of juice to charge batteries quickly than the trickle chargers that use just balance leads

(me I find 1.5a to 2.0a is plenty charge rate using a 4amp laptop psu)

This might have a 5.5/2.5 plug on it already but if not you should of got the plug to splice into a similar psu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Genuine-IBM-Lenovo-ThinkPad-08K8202-Laptop-Charger-72W-Power-Adapter-/400967568152

a bit of amps - say 3.0+ not a 1.0amp, almost anything will do if you know what you are doing checking volts/polarity

they sell cheapo chargers from about £6 or £7 on fleabay - but I went with a bit more volts n amps/juice in the middle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.