M249

Pricey-1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm looking at getting an a&k m249, not the para version because I prefer the full stock, does anyone know of a good sling to get for it as it's going to be a heavy bitch to carry around all day and also where abouts are the sling mounts on the gun itself? Any help would be great 😁

• Root Admin

Flyye do a very nice LMG sling in a variety of colours - just got mine a few days ago and it seems great; sturdy clips and nice padded area. AliExpress have the best prices on that sort of thing if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for it.

Bought an issued minimi sling from CKinnerly on here and that was good as well, but being MOD it's not made for being all that comfortable. Incredibly strong though.

Edit:

Should confirm I also have the full stock. Prefer it to the para one just like you.

Ah right cool will have a look on there what's you load out like? At the moment I'm running a plate carrier as I've got an m4 but am thinking of changing that to just running a battle belt and harness so it's more comfortable when laying down prone and also so I'm not carrying unnecessary weight as the guns heavy enough as it is lol

• Root Admin

Yeh, there's no way I'd run a plate carrier with my M249. I've just got a Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV and some pouches and holster on it - nothing more. Also I have a WAS cargo pack for my tank, but all in all it's still quite a light setup.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.