lipo-li-fe charging.

Rowed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so ill be looking into getting a couple of li-fe battery's soon simple one i just want to know if this charger will charge them ill post a couple pictures below of the battery in mind and the charger i have.

Thanks in Advance.

post-12085-0-21303300-1445017052_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-27574000-1445017056_thumb.jpg

post-12085-0-31544100-1445017061_thumb.jpg

• Head Moderator

Would recommend getting an Imax B6 battery charger/discharger, it can do many different types of battery. Clever device, and costs around £20. You can Google it to read the details about what it does, or for example look at www.hobbyking.co.uk

• Supporters

LiPo's are 3.7v cells and can get charged up to an absolute max of 4.2v per cell

over this and damage starts to occur

LiFe's are 3.3v - put them on a LiPo's max 4.2v and you will overcharge them - not good and risky

The B6 has a lipo setting that you adjust voltage from Lipo (3.7v) to LiFe (3.3v)

HobbyKing sell GENUINE B6's for about £20 - (get a genuine one than a £15 clone)

psu - if you wanted to save a few quid then a decent laptop psu will work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-IBM-Lenovo-Thinkpad-08K8203-72W-16V-4-5A-Power-AC-Adapter-Laptop-Charger-/400423702601?hash=item5d3b1cd049

BLIMEY - some greedy bastid just bought 57 of them and now these £4:50 IBM / B6 chargers are all gone !!!!

Actually it don't matter too much - the psu you need is a 12 to 18v but needs to be a decent amperage

The above was a 4.5a 16v, 1 or 2amp is too low - needs to be about 3amp plus up to 5amp max

(these chargers can boost charge hence they need some juice)

You should get the 5.5mm / 2.5mm dc plug in the box, so can splice this onto a laptop psu

or buy a universal laptop psu with a few different connectors like I have done

That is if you know what you are doing and have test meter to double check polarity etc...

If you are not sure then buy a PROPER B6 psu charger at about £12 or so

search loads of lipo / charger posts - I've said loads of crap recently with links n crap

so not gonna repeat it all over again n again

just don't charge life's on lipo settings !!!! - not wise to overcharger these mofo's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.