Best M4 on market?

albawarrior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Couldn't agree more. For the most part upgrading AEGs unless you have a specific goal in mind and know how the get there is definitely a case of diminishing returns. Worse case is you end up with a worse gun than when you started.

Most likely case is that you'll end up with a worse gun than when you started! Unless you buy an absolute pig (SRC M4 for example) then out of the box performance should be all round pretty decent and reliability will be very good. Start tinkering and reliability will go out of the window unless you know what you're doing.

Most likely case is that you'll end up with a worse gun than when you started! Unless you buy an absolute pig (SRC M4 for example) then out of the box performance should be all round pretty decent and reliability will be very good. Start tinkering and reliability will go out of the window unless you know what you're doing.

Pretty much what I said. Tinkering around, swapping parts out without knowing what you're doing = knackered AEG.

• Supporters

Pretty much what I said. Tinkering around, swapping parts out without knowing what you're doing = knackered AEG.

But if you dont have a go you never learn.

I would say research everything before you play around and take things one step at a time if you want to go down that route.

Otherwise buy a Tm recoil or Krytac M4 and then you dont have to worry about things for a long time anyway.

• Supporters

Off topic here but how expensive would it work out to build a m4 from scratch using well known reliable parts?

Based on averge retail markups it costs around three times the price of a thing to build said thing from its own spares. For example if you buy a gun that retails at £100 it will most likely cost you around £300 to build the same gun from its own parts bought as spares at retail price. Now, taking into consideration the fact that if you were to build a gun from scratch you'd probably choose higher quality parts then you could easily be looking at 4-5 times the retail price of an off the shelf AEG. Probably more if you use Madbull parts.

Of course there's then the issue of parts compatibility, fit, testing, reliability etc etc etc.

RetroArms V2 gearbox

Seigtek Gears

BTC SPECTRE mosfet

14AWG wiring

Lonex A1 motor

Guarder stainless cylinder

SHS cylinder head

SHS blue piston

SnowWolf nylon piston head

Xhigh hop unit

Laylax Prometheus 6.2 inner barrel (the shit!)

I dont know of any decent bushing/baring manufacturers still trading but the above will get you started, the rest of the bits can be transfered from whatever stock M4 you buy xx

Questions containing the word 'best' should never be asked without context/requirements/statement of purpose.

Understand that as with many things in life you are going to be looking at a balance between different aspects of performance (reliability, power, rof etc), price and functions/features

If you've been told different things, it's because everyone has their own expectations and needs. They probably also use them in different ways. If you've asked them all the same unqualified question you have, then expect a variety of answers, just like you have received in this thread.

I'm sure you will get some much better advice and guidance if you did a bit more research and thinking about what you want from a gun, but yes going to a store to have a look and feel at a variety is a very good start.

• Head Moderator

Best M4... possibly the TM HK416D recoil :)

• Head Moderator

I know. But I prefer them and it is H&K take on the M4/M16.

I agree with pts24/7

My pts rm4 is the tits! The recoil is good the bolt stop is cool if ya like that sort of thing and its 350fps bang on all day long. Love mine

• Supporters

I didn't, must be thick.

Look up matbest11x on YouTube

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.