Best M4 on market?

albawarrior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I started airsofting close to 10 years ago. When I bough my first RIF there was TM and ICS and that was about all I could find out about. Ive recently got back into the game and I'm seriously struggling with what M4 to get. There are so many now that I am not sure who to go with! Ive been told G&G are one of the best anD the CM series are really good now bit I'm not 100% sure as they are not full metal.

Any advice guys?

PTS RM4 ERG. [/endthread]

Very nice indeed. Landwarrior state its 350 fps at .20g however everywhere else states 370-380. I have no idea how but can it be changed and LWA send it out at site legal or is that a misprint?

• Head Moderator

From what forum members have explained is that the gun can get any spring dropped into them in factory, so no set standard, and in the UK different chronographs are used so readings of fps can vary. Even if LWA state 350fps, the site you go to play may get a different chrono reading (and it is their decision whether you can play). Some guns can just have a new spring dropped in, at lower rating to reduce the fps, something the shop will do (for free or at extra charge) or you can fit the spring yourself at home. One of our forum technical gurus will explain all this much better than I can.

• Supporters

There is no "best" don't get me wrong g&g are really really good, and for the money there combat machine series is really epic, I have one and recommend them.

but like most manufacturers g&g do have lemons (like there gbbr's, avoid them like the plague!!)

Overall TM seem to be the most consistent across there entire range (pistols, aeg's gbbr's etc), even if a little lower on fps.

As said different chronos will read different. My RM4 (now the spring is bed in) pumps out pretty much bang on 350 fps on 0.2g BBs when the hop is dialled in for 0.3g BBs which is what I use in game.

• Supporters

Off the shelf either a TM recoil or Krytac.

But if you you really want the best m4 build it yourself.

or get it built by a mofo

best M4 - wow if there was just one clear winner for price, looks, performance, reliabiliity, sex appeal to women

THEN WHY THE HECK DO WE ALL KEEP BUYING ALL SORTS OF GUNS ???

to put it another way - if anybody is happy with their particular gun, then to hell with what others think

(reality - us big kids will never be happy & truely content, hence the "ooh that looks nice" problem arises time n time again)

• Supporters

or get it built by a mofo

best M4 - wow if there was just one clear winner for price, looks, performance, reliabiliity, sex appeal to women

THEN WHY THE HECK DO WE ALL KEEP BUYING ALL SORTS OF GUNS ???

to put it another way - if anybody is happy with their particular gun, then to hell with what others think

(reality - us big kids will never be happy & truely content, hence the "ooh that looks nice" problem arises time n time again)

You keep buying other guns because you haven't learnt G&G are shite. 😂

• Supporters

Any advice guys?

yeah buy loads and still not have a clue what ones you really like

Same as cars - get a nice expensive one and it should be a bloomin' nice one - especially for the price you paid

(unless its VW Diesel)

Or get a cheaper runaround and maybe a nice convertible for the summer or classic car or whatever floats your boat

Apples n Oranges scenario - there is no 101% perfect answer as the question is just too vast

and then aeg, gbbr, hpa thrown in, give it a stir - call any other makes people have - pure crap

and so the debate goes on....... never to be fully resolved or answered

TM, Krytac, PolarStar, JBBG - if you like it then that is all that matters

• Supporters

You keep buying other guns because you haven't learnt G&G are shite.

Yeah ok - now try that on our other half's

yeah luv, you keep buying shoes, clothes, bags, coz you got no idea about fashion or looking good

or the fact you fail to realise you got older and have started to go around the edges a bit so you ain't gonna fit in size 8 no more

uhmmm - if you wanna say that to your missus first, then I will follow soon after I have packed my bags

For the record I buy all sorts of $hite, not just G&G :)

(that was for my jolly G&G fanboy friend - I still love G&G's btw)

Imo, 'best gun' should be relegated to the ergonomics of a specific airsoft gun only. Its a shame all the companies try to outdo each other with, cheaper or better internals, buying an AEG would be so much simpler if one could rely on the internals to be equal, there's already so much variation in the externals sometimes I think the additional internal variance is just madness.

I am sure there will b people who don't agree but for the money (£120-£140) a g&g cm is, imho, the best m4. If u are getting back into the swing of things it will give u a great gun straight out of the box but also a very easy fun to work on and upgrade.

I also know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really like the g&g fire hawk. Great if u are playing a lot of cqb.

Am sure the usual g&g bashing will continue however from my experiences and that of many others it is unfounded.

The sky is the limit. It all depends on why u want to. Is there sumthing u would like to do or something that u can't find to fit exactly what u want already on sale? If it's just to have a go. It would be cheaper to buy a broken m4 and see if you can fix it. This will give u a good idea of what u are and are not capable of doing. Also it's someone to try out ideas before u filled with a working gun that soon become a f@cked gun.

Thanks guys. I know not everyone's gonna agree. Gonna got to LWA and hold a few and go with what feels right I think and then upgrade with some help form you guys advice in The forums. Tha ks for replying.

• Supporters

Don't fall in to the 'upgrade' trap straight away. Upgrade is a misnomer, generally what they should actually be called is 'just different parts' in a large amount of cases.

Going to a shop and getting a feel for your options makes sense, but actually use it for at least a couple of games before you try and change bits.

Couldn't agree more. For the most part upgrading AEGs unless you have a specific goal in mind and know how the get there is definitely a case of diminishing returns. Worse case is you end up with a worse gun than when you started.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.