So - you know there's a new Alien film right?

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I dunno about this... I mean, yeah, obviously... but considering some of the decisions they've made during production from 3 onwards, i just find myself fearing the worst :(

I thought they was doing a sequel to that recent alien film (cannot remember it's name) about the builders???

It's Promethious & I'd thought they would make a sequal aswell when she buggers off to find the "engineers"

If they're ignoring 3 & 4 then this might just rekindle my love for the franchise. Hated 3, 4 and Prometheus...

• Supporters

It's Promethious & I'd thought they would make a sequal aswell when she buggers off to find the "engineers"

OMG!!! They are making a Prometheus sequel it's called "Alien: paradise lost" omg omg omg

Oh wow really

The film was brilliant :) fingers crossed this sequel is just as good

All the alien films were brilliant :)

I've got all the alien films, predator films, alien v predator & any spin off films

Ill defo get it when it's on DVD/blu-Ray

• Supporters

Neill blomkamp is doing alien 5 as a sequel to aliens (ignoring 3&4). Ridley Scott is doing a sequel to Prometheus which will continue its timeline.

Scott has suggested that he wants at least a couple more Prometheus films before he marries up the narrative with the alien films.

• Supporters

District 9 was fucking genius, so i have high hopes, but nonetheless I still have doubts... The theactrical release of 3 was sooooo messed up when you listen to David Fincher talking about his plans for the film and yeah, the Director's Cut is a much better film, but if the studio had kept their noses out during production it could have been at least as good as Aliens, perhaps better. And while Ridley Scott is without doubt great too, i dunno about Prometheus - i mean it just promised so much more than it delivered and i find myself wondering if the bloke actually has the imagination to take the subject matter to the heights it deserves...

Oh yeah, and AVP: Requiem is so well named - the death knell for the franchise: it's just so bad I can hardly believe it was actually released.

Edited by Ian_Gere
AVP2

Niel blomkamp id a brilliant director. He hasnt madr a bad film yet imo. This should be epic. And if they do make a few more to follow on from prometheus then the two should match in great i reckon

• Supporters

District 9 was f*cking genius, so i have high hopes, but nonetheless I still have doubts... The theactrical release of 3 was sooooo messed up when you listen to David Fincher talking about his plans for the film and yeah, the Director's Cut is a much better film, but if the studio had kept their noses out during production it could have been at least as good as Aliens, perhaps better. And while Ridley Scott is without doubt great too, i dunno about Prometheus - i mean it just promised so much more than it delivered and i find myself wondering if the bloke actually has the imagination to take the subject matter to the heights it deserves...

Oh yeah, and AVP: Requiem is so well named - the death knell for the franchise: it's just so bad I can hardly believe it was actually released.

Have you ever read the novelisation of Alien 3? Due to the timescales involved in publishing the book it is actually based on the original script that got canned. It is SOOOOOO much better than the film!

I liked Prometheus but I think a lot of people decide it would be the immediate prequel to Alien and it just isn't. That's coming (eventually) but Prometheus just isn't it.

• Supporters

No I haven't read that - is that the wooden world/weirdo space monks version?

• Supporters

No I haven't read that - is that the wooden world/weirdo space monks version?

Not that I remember, still on the prison but better than the film script by a country mile.

Not that I remember, still on the prison but better than the film script by a country mile.

...which isn't exactly hard to be better than...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.