L96 SPRING UPGRADE

sniperslucky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Please can anyone advise me if there is a spring upgrade for a well mb4407d L96 sniper rifle, i have brought and asked wholesalers and they don't seem to have a spring set that fits my piston.

Spring guide is approx 73mm long and the spring receiver is app roc 83mm long.

Regards

• Root Admin

TM LWS L96 clone? Look here: http://www.x-fire.org/etop/bolt_sp_thicker.html - looks like it's the same spec. as the VSR too, but AFAIK the nozzle design on the VSR gives a slightly higher output so knock a little off their estimates there.

Usual disclaimer though: Do not just upgrade the spring in an L96 or you'll break the sear quite quickly. If it's a downgrade then it's fine, but first consider PTFE/Teflon taping the cylinder head, checking the cylinder o-ring as those are the the primary points where people lose pressure (and therefore FPS).

If you're looking for upgrading the FPS further then consider a new piston and sear/trigger unit at the very least. Sniper rifles are highly upgradable, but need to be upgraded to compete well at skirmishes. Unfortunately it's rarely the case that you can just swap the spring.

Hi, i have broken the l96 down added pipe insulation (cheap barell stoppers),ptfe taped the nozzle. I wAs looking to upgrade the spring guide and receiver with a spring set.

i brought one (wrongly) as the gun won't cock and load bb, i tried to put the spring in with the old plastic parts and the spring just buckles i've been told that the stock parts will fire up to 500fps but thought it would be better to upgrade as a kit.

Sorry for not stating earlier that the spring is 11m outer diameter x 175mm long and it is prob a VSR type.

Chrono @ 334fps

• Supporters

Yeah that sounds the same as a stock TM l96

In my tm l96 aws I have upgraded to a AirsoftPro 90degree trigger, the AirsoftPro 2015 piston set, and a pdi 200 vsr spring (as the m160 that comes with the piston kit is too hot, but I am told that if you clip 15mm off it it's fine)

The pull is smooth as silk with the pdi Spring, and with no hop, I am getting 342fps with 0.43's, but I am still bedding the spring in, so I expect this to drop another 5-10fps to make it perfectly site legal etc.

My 334 fps was with .20g hence the upgrade option.

Just looked at the Airsoft pro set do you need the 90deg trigger aswell or will it work on its own.

looks like its gonna get costly.

• Supporters

Bear in mind that the stock trigger isn't that good, on the TM version anyway, yours might be ok, but a 500fps will stress the trigger

What fps are you aiming for?

Also the x-fire springs linked to above are designed for upgraded Pistons, so may not fit yours.

• Supporters

Hmm you will probably want a 130'ish spring but I am not 100%. And I am not sure where you would get one, as I don't think anyone makes them.

Try sending ASPUK a message on there Facebook, see what they say

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.