Lightweight MOLLE Vest

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

We (me and the lep.) are looking for some lightweight MOLLE vests.

we don't want plate carriers as they are far too heavy for our needs.

we want a full vest type thing with molle everywhere and a zip up the front.

if it can be, as small as possible as we are both scrawny lil' fecks.

any help/tips/pointing in the right direction are appreciated

cheers

Depends on ya budget mate.... UKtactical has some craking vests but your looking £100+

if you dont have that kinda money then try Bulle or Viper but Molle vests are only as heavy as the stuff you put in them ;)

I have a plate carrier and it ant heavy (empty) at all.... but it is awkard when it comes to takeing it off

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustmb9nx.html

Lots of MOLLE real-estate?

Yes

Light-weight?

Yes

Cheap?

Yes

Small for lil' fekkers like you and Joe? (:lol: )

Yes

Not a plate-carrier?

Yes

Zip on the front...

No. Not unless you want to spend (at minimum) £170, and end up with a plate carrier.

Or, you could go for the one I have (same site, £10 more) (less internal mag space, but more space for bolt-on MOLLE)

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustmb3nx.html

Internal real-estate is enough for 5 M4/16 STANGs, or 3-4 SA80 STANAGs.

I have 2 double-STANAG pouches attached (2X 2 pouches on each set, each capable of holding 2 mags per pouch - so basically 8 mags), 1 single double mag pouch and 1 folding dump-pouch.

Need to get a belt-thingy.

5.11 LBE VTAC vest's are good and they come in tan/black/od. I own one and they are great and lightweight and breathable due to the mesh like material on the inner side.

Well, the ones I know that are both light and with a lot of real-estate are the Weesatch/Wastach, this plate carrier and a vest that is pratically MOLLE everywhere with a zipper from bottom to top.

Personally, I use a Wasatch because it can turn into a chest rig, and has a significant amount of magazine storage. 12 M4 mags fit perfectly fine, and since I'm a low-cap user, it's great.

Hope it helps

Archived