is abbey gas a good gas to use

joewright

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes. It's a good gas. Arguably better than most airsoft green gas.

One major benefit is that it doesn't use silicone oil as lubricant, which settles in the bottles/mags over time leaving the top of the magazine drier. In place, Abbey use UPL, which supposedly behaves the same in use but remains dissolved in the medium (propane I'm pretty sure) rather than settling.

It's not the most powerful gas out there, and I'm not sure what you mean by sustained fps count, do you mean how many shots you can get off before the fps starts to decline or how consistent the muzzle velocity is?

• Supporters

Yes thats what i mean!!

How many shots you get before the pressure drops is dependent on the ambient temperature, the material the gun is made of and whether or not it has decent gas efficiency. With the temperature dropping I'd suggest one of the Nuprol gases designed for cooler weather.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.