TM Recoil, good or all hype?

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the SCAR L recoil shock, ran it for 6 months and loved it. Shot brilliant out the box and outperformed a lot of other AEGs despite the 1J performance. After 6 months I bit the bullet and sent it to Eagle 6 for upgrades, lvl 4 + mosfet, now shoots as 345fps and is an absolute beast. Using .25 or .28 BBs its accuracy in most typical engagement ranges (25-50m) is laser like. Love it. Only down side is the cost. at north of £400 its already expensive. With the upgrades too Its pretty much a 1k AEG.

• 1 month later...

I currently own the recoil cqc scar l. this is the second one that I have owned but I have a problem after two uses the gears have gone 

and this issue happened on my first one aswell. I absolutely love the weapon but it is totally unuseable due to the gears and the fact its electronically dead 

is this a common fault or have I just been unlucky with this particular model 

I will be up grading it but need to know if it will be worth it in the long run

• Supporters
1 hour ago, gadgetmusprime said:

I currently own the recoil cqc scar l. this is the second one that I have owned but I have a problem after two uses the gears have gone 

and this issue happened on my first one aswell. I absolutely love the weapon but it is totally unuseable due to the gears and the fact its electronically dead 

is this a common fault or have I just been unlucky with this particular model 

I will be up grading it but need to know if it will be worth it in the long run

Very unlucky. Had my Tm Scar L for 18months now. Still running solid as ever. Never had an issue with it.

I maintain my stance that TM are not worth the money these days.  In days of airsoft past circa 1998, yes, absolutely - where their reliability and ability to actually perform to 50m consistently set them ahead of everything else.  Now, not so much - every rifle I have, I have compared to a TM and they all shoot just as well without the need for 'upgrades' that cost the price of the rifle again to achieve.  

Can only repeat what I said previously, I ran my SCAR L NGRS for 6 months and loved it. No issues or problems and great performance. I upgraded and decided to throw more money at an already expensive gun out of choice, because I could afford to and that was MY decision to make. The gun did not need it, I already loved how it performed, I just wanted more, I wanted those micro improvements because I could, and because I could afford them. Yes, you can get the same performance from a cheaper gun, but will that gun have the recoil, the automatic cut off when your out of ammo (which I absolutely love), the build quality, the low battery warning system, no, it wont. Same performance yes, but, for me at least, its those little extras that made the TM recoil worth every penny. Guy in the video just seems overly upset, its not his money people are spending on NGRS's. There are plenty of decent airsoft guns on the market, I would never tell someone to only look at TM NGRS. But, if you can afford one and those extras appeal to you, go for it. They are great guns without upgrades. Not the best money can buy, and you can certainly get the same performance for much less, but great guns none the less. 

Grand scheme they cost a lot for what they give extra. But if you want those extra functions they are still one of the only guns that do those extras reliably (as long as you leave it alone), and they are good as stock. I think Lukes point (the guy in the vid) is the attitude that some people have it's a must to change everything as soon as you get it to make them good/worth using. When in fact they are perfectly use-able without and will more often than not last along time if you leave them the hell alone. I changed the hop, barrel and run a plug and play mosfet in mine. Went from 280 fps to 315fps and puts no extra strain on the GB. Side by side to a fully upgraded ones there is FA in it. Once it dies I'll do more to it but till then I'll leave it the hell alone.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Can... no... longer... resist.

Every youtuber ever "heres my new TM but I'm sending it off to xxx tech (deffo not a advertisement) to get £1000 of parts put in to it so it's tuned for me"

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I maintain my stance that TM are not worth the money these days.  In days of airsoft past circa 1998, yes, absolutely - where their reliability and ability to actually perform to 50m consistently set them ahead of everything else.  Now, not so much - every rifle I have, I have compared to a TM and they all shoot just as well without the need for 'upgrades; that cost the price of the rifle again to achieve.  

tenor.gif

I don't even think they are the best for all those features such as last round and recoil.  The KWA recoils (designed by the same chap who did the TM) are far superior.

My TM 416 is great to use and I do get better range than both my Krytac and VFC, the recoil is ok but the stop on empty (for me) is a fantastic feature. What I really want now is one of those GBLS DAS rifles, they look to be the next evolution in AEGs.

Stop on empty is something I like. My evo does it( but they have their own problems)

To be fair I don't like hopups that aren't rotary and AKs are usually a sllder so it might be cheaper but is lacking a few features like stop on empty, EBB and the rotary hopup.  Not really apples to apples but they both shoot bbs about as far as you can.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

I don't even think they are the best for all those features such as last round and recoil.  The KWA recoils (designed by the same chap who did the TM) are far superior.

Have you experience with it ? I'm no expert. From what I've read they're better in some ways but not others. Both as stock tms having the better longevity and hop. Kwa more power and recoil . Also the bolt stop system being more reliable in the tm. 

• Supporters

I still say definitely a big yes (but I don’t buy in to the greatest guns ever some spout) as long as you leave them stock , I’m a great believer in once you crack them open and start f**king about with them you’ve put a best before date on it , I don’t care who the tech is that’s doing the work once you start it’s gonna die AND it’ll need continuous  ‘tweaking’ to keep it running .

ive got a 11-12yr old socom , a 10-11yr Old 74su , a 6yr old G36K AND there all still running fine and there all still totally stock bar changing to a deans , who da thunk ! 🤔

They did sit on there rep for a good while but I think they’ve started to step there game up again the new AK’s lock after the last BB , the new 416 Delta is just sex as a gun AND they’ve got the recoil MK46 coming out soon . 

So yes there eye wateringly expensive but I do think there worth it if only for the longevity of them .

On 15/10/2015 at 13:43, MikeMarden said:

I own the 416D Devgru - Like others this is my first gun so have no basis for comparison. I had a few sensible minor upgrades carried out which takes the FPS on 0.25's to around the 340ish mark as well as giving me that little more distance I needed.

Forgive my ignorance but 340 on 0.25 is too hot for most uk sites isnt it?

13 hours ago, heroshark said:

Have you experience with it ? I'm no expert. From what I've read they're better in some ways but not others. Both as stock tms having the better longevity and hop. Kwa more power and recoil . Also the bolt stop system being more reliable in the tm. 

Yes, I do.  They are better than a stock TM.  No doubt.  Have tested my KWA ERG against friends rifles.  Recoil is stronger, not had any issues with bolt stop at all.  Range is equivalent.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Forgive my ignorance but 340 on 0.25 is too hot for most uk sites isnt it?

At 1.34J, it's too hot for UK law on a fully auto gun.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

At 1.34J, it's too hot for UK law on a fully auto gun.

Thought it sounded hot. Thanks

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Yes, I do.  They are better than a stock TM.  No doubt.  Have tested my KWA ERG against friends rifles.  Recoil is stronger, not had any issues with bolt stop at all.  Range is equivalent.

how long you had it?

6 hours ago, heroshark said:

how long you had it?

6 months ish.  Had one previously, sold it. Regretted it

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

6 months ish.  Had one previously, sold it. Regretted it

how long did you run the last one?

Year or so. 

22 hours ago, Musica said:

Thats upgraded I am talking straight out of the box.  That being said the ERG really only needs a hop rubber change.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.