Cyma MP5's as good as their AK's?

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well, I have heard almost nothing but good things about the Cyma AK series, seems like other than a few lemons (like any other company) they are pretty universally regarded as having good range and accuracy out of the box. I'm looking for another primary to add to my current ICS L85A2 and ICS M4A1 armoury and due to wedding debt etc trying to do it on the cheap.

I like AK's but I have to admit I've always had a thing for MP5's so does anyone have any experience of these?

Cheers in advance.

With MP5's most are very similar.

ICS, G&G or TM make the only MP5's that are anything special. ICS make various models varying from bog standard to fancy guns with 3 round burst. G&G do a combat machine version, which is very good or top tech models which are awesome. TM MP5's are the same design as all the other cheap clones but are just quality. Bear in mind that ICS MP5's have a reputation for being selective in which mags they will work with, so you will need to either buy ICS mags or gamble when buying cheaper magazines.

I love H&K and have a G&G Top Tech MP5SD that was my first RIF.

Ive just succumbed to the MP5 Kurz which Ive bought for "vehicle" work. Ive ordered the JG one so we will see how good it is for the money.

• Supporters

Cheers guys, still tinkering with the idea of a cyma MP5 but understand the risks could be high. Hmmmm I like the ICS but not the pricetag. will just have to see how things go with savings. Maybe I tell the wife it was the cyma I bought but actually pick up an ICS.......

Got my JG MP5K yesterday.

Its not in the same league as my G&G but fair do's, it was significantly cheaper.

Had a problem with the motor being jammed which I was lucky enoigh to rectify. The cheek plate fell off and had to be glued on.

The battery on the Kurz is problematic because there is so little space inside.

From what Ive seen the Cyma is very very similar. The only difference I can see is that the front grip has to be removed on the Cyma to connect up the battery.

Im not disheartened as I didn't have the budget for a TM or WE GBB. Its a fun secondary, feels like the real deal and is as compact as a pistol.

Hopefully will have some fun at our first Zoro DM sim game.

• Supporters

Late chime in...

You gotta either love or hate the mp5 or mp5k range

you got v2 or v3 box in the mp5k's

smaller capcity mags in general than the others

you got a mixture of different nozzle sizes that either work or don't

(not just mp5 & mp5k's being different lengths but also some makes of same model can vary too)

on top of that the hop units are not as wider choice of alternative options that may/may not work perfectly for each gun/model/make

Only got a Lidl Galaxy mp5k but luckily a shs M4 nozzle can work with a minor mod on std hop - thanks clandestine for tip

finally shimming and the way it fits inside involves a little more careful assembly with a hint of guesswork

(yes you can fit a m4 pistol grip on a mp5 v2, or a v3 motor frame on a mp5k to get motor height

but then you final assemble with a different grip which can be out of whack/alignment to all your careful checking

old TM mp5 baseplates were out of whack with motor angle)

I do actually like them, but they have a few minor qwirks - most guns do, just maybe not for everybody

(good job we have such a big choice of toys to play with)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.