face mask alternative....

djben9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

just browsing around for a face mask to cut up and fix to the helmet and came across these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-TAN-SAND-DE-MASK-Neoprene-Hard-Foam-WARRIOR-HALF-FACE-UK-DELIVERY-NEW-/390980396815?hash=item5b083f670f

I know the neo ones are pretty crap and wont stop your teeth, but this looks a little more rugged?

avoid??

Had one of these and couldn't get it to fit right :( disappointing cos I've tried a few different masks as alternatives to mesh myself and none of them really work

I would say if you want to try one order from China as it'll be cheaper but when mine arrived it had been mis-shapen

• Head Moderator

I bought a cheap mesh mask from china for under £5 on eBay, and it does the job. Followed the YouTube video guides to attach to Fast helmet. Simple job and cost effective. Had no issues with being hit in the face wearing it. They may not be perfect symmetrical shape but for a fiver it is acceptable and you can play around to adjust the shape/fit.

• Supporters

just browsing around for a face mask to cut up and fix to the helmet and came across these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-TAN-SAND-DE-MASK-Neoprene-Hard-Foam-WARRIOR-HALF-FACE-UK-DELIVERY-NEW-/390980396815?hash=item5b083f670f

I know the neo ones are pretty crap and wont stop your teeth, but this looks a little more rugged?

avoid??

Mate of mine runs one of these. Good for protection but you can't understand a word he says while he's wearing it.

• Moderators

damn PC and quoting! gggggrrrr :angry:

Will hold off the neo mask for now....spent to much!

got two of the half masks coming so I can fit one to my helmet thanks to youtube! :)

• Supporters

Those things also restrict your breath so they will get damp and also hot'n'sweaty in the summer, maybe even during cold weather if you move a lot / sweat a lot...

• Supporters

TBH that looks like a mesh 1/2 face with neoprene added on top - i just don't see the point. Am i missing something...?

I have absolutely no wish to put neoprene on my face ever again. I get quite hot and sweaty when i play like most and i used to run a neoprene half mask. It held sweat and condensed breath, stank as soon as it got a tiny bit damp with it and breathing with it on made me feel sick.....

Cannot beat a mesh mask, they are perfect for air ventilation and comfy if you shape them right. Mine is attatched to my fast helmet on the clips. Those teamed with revision low profile ballistic goggles make my face a comfy fog free and relatively cool place lol

Cannot beat a mesh mask, they are perfect for air ventilation and comfy if you shape them right. Mine is attatched to my fast helmet on the clips. Those teamed with revision low profile ballistic goggles make my face a comfy fog free and relatively cool place lol

Yes, it is surprising the number of people with mask and goggle straps under their helmets.

Yes, it is surprising the number of people with mask and goggle straps under their helmets.

I have my mask attatched to the helmet to get rid of the strap. And my goggles have a tiny velcro strap that sits just below my helmet line. Im looking at the additional clips for the fast rails so i can get rid of that too and just have it all on one unit but im not sure if they will slip off.

I havent actually tried mine over the helmet. Ill give that a go and see how it sits, might try it at the next game day

• Supporters

I wouldn't want my eyepro strap attached to a helmet. Just can't see that as secure enough...

• Moderators

I just have the mask now attached the the helmet with the clips...as YouTube videos...and ess googles separate, just so I can remove the helmet if needed but still have my eyes protected at all times

More clips on the way so I can swap masks...

• Supporters

A long while ago i had a hit just below my eye which was caused by a loose 1/2 face mask strap - i was running and the mask bounced away from my eyepro just as a stream of BB's lit me up from a few metres away. I have a permanent scar from it, which isn't a problem, but it does go to show that the hit totally destroyed the dermis layer of skin, thus if the angle of hit had been more upwards, the BB may have penetrated under my skin into my eye socket. These days I always wear the straps of my eyepro and mask as tight as is possible and not become too uncomfortable (plus my 1/2 face masks now all have 2 straps so they cannot slip down). For me that means the straps have to go straight on my head, so that there is nothing that can move and cause looseness or a gap to open up between the edge of my eyepro and my skin, or for another gap to appear between eyepro and mask...

• Head Moderator

I've not yet had an issue, though obviously I can't remove the helmet, but I've not yet found a reason I would want to.

Overheating and causing your eyepro to fog up. The helmet can prevent the top air vents on goggles moving heat away. Remove helmet to vent heat and help clear goggles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.