Average player attitudes?

Seany.exe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey so i was just wondering, we have people from all over the UK here right?

List your skirmish sites and tell me what you think the average attitude is at each site. I want to get a feel for the average community, know if theres any site to avoid and which ones i need to go out of my way to check out. (The Mall, reading looks to be one from what i've seen already).

Sorry if this has been posted before i don't use the search i generally just check first few pages of a forum. ^_^

-Sean

• Supporters

I'm not going to write up a big list of sites as i've played at quite a few and the player base can vary vastly per week. However one thing I have noticed is that sites that cater to a lot of people(talking 80+ on a bad day) seem to attract nob ends that think they can do what they want as they won't play there again/won't get spotted amongst the crowd. I guess it could also be down to the law of averages, but I think perceived anonymity has a big part to play.

However out of the sites that spring to mind RIFT Com3 has consistently the best standard of play and marshalling. I'm not keen on publicly criticising the sites I haven't been a fan of, but that's something i'd rather explain in person as it's easily misconstrued on a forum.

Most airsofters are a pretty easy going bunch though and I think it's best experiencing sites for yourself. I've seen people say how they really didn't like a certain site, only for me to go and have a really good day there.

• Supporters

The main thing is for YOU not to take it too seriously

(especially when staring out)

Only went Paintball once and once only but was put off by being ripped off renting and older players & a few Marshal's ego's

(that can be said perhaps for "some" airsoft sites perhaps if you have a bad day/site)

Airsoft is a little different and the sites vary $hitloads on how "serious" they are

What I mean is this:

my local is cheap n cheerful site, but quite strict on safety compared to a few others

Sandpitt in Dartford is perhaps for more serious players and don't allow 2-tones

Epsom Bunker is full on and though unique is not everybody's cuppa tea

Mall in Reading looks a great place (been to show but not played yet) has a 330-340fps limit (most are 350fps)

Then there is the Milsim stuff - so you see there are a few different types or styles of sites

Yes you get ar$eholes but usually not too many or find another place to try

Marshals don't always get it 101% right on decisions but hopefully on safety they do

Rentals without a clue, 2-toners, kids shouting when you are trying to go stealth, non hitakers/cheaters happen......

Try not to get too worked up over it, it is just a toy gun and us saddo's running round pew pew pow pew

Well don't take it too serious just yet until you got ukara n stuff as you gotta really do 3 games at your main local site

Then try a few others and by then you will get a feel of what site(s) suit YOU best

(just pointing out that you gotta do 3 x games at 1 local site first for ukara as the entry is linked to that site btw)

The mind is like a flower - it works best when it is open....

Go with an open mind and leave ego at home - enjoy it and just have fun is best advice

play safe n fair - call your hits (even if some don't always call theirs) & you will have a great day

I may be very new to airsoft only playing 2 games so far but yesterday I had a bit of a run in with some weekend rambo who didn't like the fact he got flanked and the fact it was a new player didn't go down to well, needless to say he lost it big time the marshal had to stop the game.

I'm not going to mention the site cos other than that it was a great day really enjoyed it, the staff were brilliant amd the other players were amazing.

Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield:

Player rating: Varies. You do get some serious players but most are there for a good laugh, there can be a lot of cheat calling.

Marshal Rating: 10. Marshals are up for banter and fun but are always serious on safety (as they should be) and keep everyone sticking to the rules.

Humber Airsoft

Player rating: a solid 10. The players are serious but also up for fun. Some players may give out orders and shout at you (not for anything bad.. unless you do actually do something seriously wrong)

Marshal Rating: 10. Up for fun and banter and also play alongside walk-ons. Most of the Marshals are also part of a Milsim team so they can be very serious.

Hope this helps, mate.

• Moderators

I may be very new to airsoft only playing 2 games so far but yesterday I had a bit of a run in with some weekend rambo who didn't like the fact he got flanked and the fact it was a new player didn't go down to well, needless to say he lost it big time the marshal had to stop the game.

I'm not going to mention the site cos other than that it was a great day really enjoyed it, the staff were brilliant amd the other players were amazing.

Had that happen on my first game, the fact several were hit by me and a friend, only 3 took hits....

That day towards end we took every 3 rd hit....usually a second after 1st haha

2nd game, ignored and played and enjoyed, tagged along with some experienced players and had more fun....

• 1 year later...

Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield:

Player rating: Varies. You do get some serious players but most are there for a good laugh, there can be a lot of cheat calling.

Marshal Rating: 10. Marshals are up for banter and fun but are always serious on safety (as they should be) and keep everyone sticking to the rules.

Humber Airsoft

Player rating: a solid 10. The players are serious but also up for fun. Some players may give out orders and shout at you (not for anything bad.. unless you do actually do something seriously wrong)

Marshal Rating: 10. Up for fun and banter and also play alongside walk-ons. Most of the Marshals are also part of a Milsim team so they can be very serious.

Hope this helps, mate.

I agree with you about Humber Airsoft; excellent site, good facilities and good marshals except the one that can't take a hit. However, rather than get mad with the guy, it's bloody hilarious because everyone except him knows that he can't take a hit and he gets hammered every Sunday :) One day he'll learn; he's still quite young but at the same time, old enough to be a marshal. Other than that, I would say give Humber Airsoft a try as it's very friendly and a very varied site based around a disused quarry.

RIFT: The Defilade - a newer site, which attracts a lot of first-timers, and some established teams. I have only had issues with established teams who appeared to have arrived with lovely teflon loadouts. It is a fairly small site compared to others I've been to, but fun to play on.

The attitude of the younger players is one of hesitation, there are a few who hang back and seem to be afraid of getting hit.

The Marshall team are spot-on and in recent visits, the general attitude I've picked up is just 15-20 people having a lot of fun on a Sunday. Simple, but enjoyable objectives.

Holmbush/Dog Tag - a very established site, easily attracting 100+ players. Lots of abilities, very rare in my experience to hear anyone kicking off, but you do get a few cocky Cockney characters giving it the large from time to time. A fair few teams play there too.

The Marshall team keep games flowing well and are by and large extremely fair and know what they're doing. Although it is a massive site, I find the boundaries too restrictive and games can get a bit funnelled, leading to bottlenecks. But I've not been for a while now. Fairly straightforward games and objectives.

Combat South: Woodland - again, a very established site, lots of regulars, and often 100+ showing up. Not been for a good few years now, but the Marshall team generally have it running smoothly, although they are certainly from the 'stick over carrot' school of customer management in the field, and there are a couple who I think let their egos get in the way of dealing with things. Lots of teams have been known to play there.

Very rare to have anyone kicking off, and very rare that you'll come across the teflon brigade either. Games are sometimes heroically complex.

Ace Combat: Pembury - a big site, again, with large turn outs; probably 30-60 each time I've been. A few berks have been known to go, and sadly, these are generally the younger players. A few established teams. It is quite loud; there are a lot of shouters and screamers, and a couple of part-time Field Marshalls who like to boss players about, but generally, a pretty chilled site.

The Marshall team balance the 'stern but approachable' ratio well, and some are excellent fun to chat to, with very few egos. Some complex games have been known, resulting in a lot of 'wtf?' between participants. I haven't been for a couple of years now though.

EAG: Worthing - My first site and one that rarely had Marshalls or big turn-outs. But, tbf, I've not been for a decade now. The site was big, the games varied, but the poor attitude of players and the site owner was the main reason I started travelling an hour further west to CSW. Lots of teflon warriors and teams that were happy to light-up noobs. Some great players there too though.

It has probably become better, it couldn't have gotten worse. I don't care if it has tbh. I won't be returning.

• Head Moderator

i don't use the search i generally just check first few pages of a forum. ^_^

Well if you are not going to make any effort, then neither will I.

Obvious start point would be the Skirmish Sites, Stories & Reviews - http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/51-skirmish-sites-stories-reviews/

Epsom Bunker is full on and though unique is not everybody's cuppa tea

RIP.... personally loved this site, but I know many hated it!

Archived