Accuracy and how to make it less rubbish

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Apologies in advance, it's another 'how does I make gun shoot straighter' topic.

I've done all the usual things and my SCAR's accuracy and range is still very much 'meh'. Doesn't curve in a particular direction, goes both left and right.

Tried 3 different barrels of various lengths, all cleaned with white spirit, madbull aluminium, stock WE and a ZCI 6.02 with a G&G green rubber & nub.

Air seal is excellent (rebuilt the gearbox and made sure it was airtight) and the barrel is stabilized with PTFE tape.

I'd love to change the hop unit but it's proprietary and as far as I know there are no others like it so that's a no-go.

Is there much else I can do other then trying out the various nub/rubber modifications?

Have you tried looking down the barrel with the hop fully on to see if it's inline & not tilted slightly ??

Thought they used M4 type hop up units?

Sadly not, it's quite a bit different. Don't think there's anyone else who uses a similar design

What dose the nozzle look like? Any nicks on it?

Nozzle is new, swapped out the stock one for an o-ring type.

By any chance, is this a SCAR H? Dboys?

Nah, we scar l

BB weight and quality affects the accuracy the most. Next is hopup rubber. Purple prometheus, blue Madbull are good. Then the nub: don't use hard one. Then the FPS consistency. Then the barrel.

I use the same bb's and rubber type in my f2000 which is far more accurate the the scar :(

Using the nub which came with the g&g green which seems fairly soft, not had much to compare it to tbh. Reckon it's worth trying a madbull blue instead?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.