New player - East Sussex

Seany.exe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Been interested in paintball/airsoft for a while now and recently started a nice job which means i can afford an expensive hobby :P

I'm recently 30 and have always been a gun nut. Play mostly PC games like league/killing floor 2/csgo etc and think airsoft could possibly be a good thing for me to take up.

Been looking around possibly looking to play a few different sites as i like variety but the closest site to me is Elite Action Games in Worthing. Are there any regulars here that go there? What is it like? When is the best times to check it out? I'm planning on checking it out soon with a friend and my gf.

Don't have any gear yet although pretty sure i'm gonna end up with a Krytac CRB for my first AEG as it looks like a boss, (I like to tinker with my toys but i don't have much free time so I'd prefer a solid stock gun that i can use) so i'm gonna be hiring guns from the sites till i get UKARA etc.

So anyways, hello to you guys and if anyone goes to the Worthing site please let me know we can arrange a meetup and say hello before unloading plastic hell upon our enemies!

-Sean

Ahoy there fella!

Well i've always been interested in air rifles etc and paintball. Have known about airsoft for a while too but as stated earlier was poor as anything haha. I've been looking up whatever information i can really but it seems most airsoft websites are extremely minimal.

I tend to work night inc saturday nights for now so not too sure when the best time would be for me to actually go and play. Seems that some sites are open most days whereas some just meetup every couple of weeks. the EAG site says what times it's open but not which days so i'm assuming they play every day? People on this forum that attend is there particular days which are to be avoided or just generally have a low turnout? I did send them an email a couple of days ago but i heard nothing back.

Probably gonna go check them out this monday or tuesday maybe as that's my weekend for now. See what's happening. :)

-Sean

I used to go toe EAG a lot, I'm based in Lewes myself but haven't been to a game since the mall ages ago.

Theres another site called battle lakes which is supposed to be good.

Hey dudes, Battle Lakes is a place in Kent somewhere right? I think i've come across the website breifly at some point.

So I have a couple of questions actually, first one is does this forum have a place to arrange meetings? Had a quick look but didn't see one.

Second question is something i haven't seen really either, rather than pre-set up events and milsims what is the "average" day for skirmish sites? I've seen youtube videos of several game mode types that look fun/hilarious so is this something that is on a site-to-site basis or do they just go with the flow.

Think i'm gonna email a booking through for myself at EAG worthing for tuesday :P

Hmmmmmm, well just looked at the website as i wanted to email about going down there and renting a gat. Just noticed this on the website.

October 4th & 18th

November 1st, 15th & 29th

December 13th & 27th

It's got this listed under dates, does this mean they only play on those dates as opposed to being open most of the week? That kinda sucks but i can see how it would work. For now i'm gonna assume this is the case and i've emailed them asking for clarification.

I don't mind waiting and extra week, the worst part is i work nights....so i'll be leaving work at 6am, home in time for breakfast then going straight to the battlefield haha.

So who fancies joining me on the 18th then? :ph34r:

• Head Moderator

You could try posting under section 'Other Airsoft Stuff', in the thread title 'Other Events and Meets' Put the site name and date in subject line to make it stand out.

All sites that I have been to or looked at only play on certain days, either due to other events happening or because they need staff and a number of players to go there to make it worth opening. For example the UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth is open every Wednesday night and alternate Sundays, and the Mall in Reading is open every Sunday and every other Thursday night.

Cool thanks for the info Jedi_M i shall do so.

All booked in for the 18th so if anyone is heading to worthing for the day and wants to say hello i'll be the big guy wandering around aimlessly :P (6'3 and fat haha)

-Sean

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.