Inlaying an engraving on a pistol

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to engrave and then inlay with gold a pistol (WE 1911 chrome edition), got a mate to engrave but no idea on inlaying the engraving. by the look of it, this is my best bet "http://www.forsterproducts.com/catalog.asp?prodid=700512" but I was kind of hoping for something in the UK, or even a combination of products, I know that it's probably all there in google but I was also hoping for any tips and tricks?

It's going to be their vows on the slide (with a little stylised heart), and then the names on a wooden (mahogany) grip, I was thinking about doing the slide in gold, and the grips in silver, will I need a different set of materials for wood?

• Supporters

Get some Gold Leaf from a Arts/Craft Store.

Gold leaf will be tricky to get into an engraving properly. I'd get some gold enamel paint and a small brush. Wipe of any excess to tidy up the edges.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.