The Moment You Realise you Want to try Milsim

Hegs44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So looking to maybe progress to Milsim events.

I've read the healthy threads of "Milsim vs Skirmish" not what I want to start here again.

I'm in West Sussex and would like to canvass thoughts, ideas and suggestions for milsim sites, companies, events in the south east 'ish area.

Not looking for the "Tier1" SAS selection type of event to start with but certainly something longer than a Sunday Skimish attacking orange bins, (which I wont be stopping as they are great fun).

Thanks

:blink:

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

• Supporters

Airborne Airsoft is worth a look, there's a good bunch of people that have been attending the campaign for the last 9 months or so. The next game is at the Bramley training camp but they are normally at Longmoor camp.

Essentially you are looking at set camo per side, an ammo limit, medic rules that involve using bandages and a whole day of play without breaks, unless you want them.

and a very noobie milsim type question... do you have to turn up with a complete fire team from L/Cpl to Private fully competant in battfield tactics ? or just join in..

Our sister company Gunman Airsoft runs milsim lite and intermediate level milsims at their sites in Eversley, Tuddenham and Norwich.

The differences are subtle and some players use them as a work up to the more embedded Filmsim type weekend milsims that we run.

In answer to your question, no you can just go alone if you wish and join a team. Few milsims operate a rank system; its a recipe for disaster and not needed.

• Moderators

Looking to do one at Tuddenham soon, have some 45 rd mags as well which hope will be ok?, also to make normal days more of a challenge instead of high caps haha.......don't worry got some mid caps on order......gotta make use of the pouches!

• Supporters

Try EAG, elite action games, the guys down at Worthing are a really good bunch, keep an eye out for Jimbo (head marshal), Wolfie and Pants. The three run a very tight site with lots of very friendly regulars. My first steps into milsim were via them. The games were good but didn't require epic fitness which for me was important. Plus they work on the principle that most players aren't capable of or want to really play long games with no breaks, ie sleeping in game, 18-24 hour straight types.

They often work on either night games or day games. Night games start early evening and play through til 10 or 11am. Day games timings wise were more like skirmishes but game play all day no lunch sometimes to midnight ish. They are also pretty good at getting interesting story lines going and a good level of realism. Plus there weren't lots of ordering about etc although there was an IC and 2IC who were mostly figureheads, trusted regulars who would guide teams in choosing and planning objectives.

• Supporters

Gunman are also a fantastic bunch as well, their milsim lite are a good mix of milsim rules and skirmish play. The sandpit also have their battlesim, which is slightly closer to milsim than Gunman's milsim lite. There are so many different styles of play you will find plenty on the spectrum that falls between the 4 day epic that is/was available in wintery Norway and the 10 day coldwar milim run in the states, down to the Teir1 and Stirling (that from what I have heard seem to focus on physical endurance) to the gunman/sandpit milsims, down to the gunman milsim lite and ucap battlesim with skirmishing languishing way down on the scale.

Gunman are also a fantastic bunch as well, their milsim lite are a good mix of milsim rules and skirmish play. The sandpit also have their battlesim, which is slightly closer to milsim than Gunman's milsim lite. There are so many different styles of play you will find plenty on the spectrum that falls between the 4 day epic that is/was available in wintery Norway and the 10 day coldwar milim run in the states, down to the Teir1 and Stirling (that from what I have heard seem to focus on physical endurance) to the gunman/sandpit milsims, down to the gunman milsim lite and ucap battlesim with skirmishing languishing way down on the scale.

Mate thanks for suggesting gunman, just what I'm looking for! Gonna book a few dates! Top work

and a very noobie milsim type question... do you have to turn up with a complete fire team from L/Cpl to Private fully competant in battfield tactics ? or just join in..

No you don't, airborne are very accommodating. Might be worth looking Kenny up on Facebook and drop him a message, hes a good chap and always happy to help.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.