Ghillie suits

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Purchased a ghillie suit recently & to get rid of that "New smell" I stuck it in the washing machine without soap powder/liquid gels, I'm hoping it would loosen the ghillie fibres a bit & won't tangle or clump together as much

Those guys on here that have ones, is there anything else you do to maintain it ??

I've read that you should roll about in the dirt and get it absolutely honking , and just keep it in your garage and not clean it or something.

Vaguely remember something about smoke from a wood fire to get rid of smells and bugs?

That's what I've seen people do in videos but a problem I see is if your kit stinks then

A-people will stay away lol

B-smell will give you away (so people will stay away lol)

Rolling in dirt & leaves etc is standard proceedure from the videos

It's about smelling like a bush a fox just pissed on instead of a human :P

Think I'll piss on foxy aswell then :)

The new smell has gone alot now & the fibres are less sticky, as I'm not upto anything on Saturday, I'll take a trip to my local woods & be a 'pig in mud' :)

• Head Moderator

Of course, it is not worth making your gillie suit smell if all your other clothing are clean and you smell of shampoo, soap, and deodorant. That defeats the point. However, for a day of airsoft you probably do not want to turn up smelling like a tramp or ginger step-child.

• Supporters

i have the jack pyke llcs suit .... i just put mine away then when needed get it out ;):lol:B)

i have seen a video with one of the fiber suits where a guy ties a bit of string to it then he drags it round a playing field for a bit :wacko:

Lmao,

*imagines N1ckh driving up to his local woods rolling around on the floor whilst all the dog walkers stare in horror' :D

Lmao, *imagines N1ckh driving up to his local woods rolling around on the floor whilst all the dog walkers stare in horror' :D

I was going to copy a video on YouTube I watched

I was going to hide & watch people's reactions & get my son to video it :)

I was going to go well out of the way of walkers etc but it all adds to the fun & I'm sure some people have seen much worse ;) pmsl

Love it!

• Head Moderator

Just make sure what part of the woods you are hiding in, do not want to go scaring off all those out enjoying their favourite dogging site.

Just make sure what part of the woods you are hiding in, do not want to go scaring off all those out enjoying their favourite dogging site.

That would be hilarious :) sneak up then run out saying "here I am" :)

You're no longer getting lifts off me unless you bring a change of clothes not having your ghillie suit stinking out my car haha

You're no longer getting lifts off me unless you bring a change of clothes not having your ghillie suit stinking out my car haha

Pmsl

It's not just the ghillie I'm wearing mate, I will be wearing clothes under it otherwise its going to be fookin cold

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.