E&L ELS-104 PMC-E Gearbox and Hop compatability

Anarchy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking of getting this ak but does anyone know if the ASG ultimate ak gearbox and hop up unit would fit into it as I would prefer to just put in a drop in replacement than have to build it from scratch like I have done with previous set ups. Any advice would be great

• Supporters

What's wrong with the gearbox/hop it comes with?

Hop struggles with anything over .2's and I like to use .25's and I want a better rof and trigger response from it. After looking at reviews for the past few hours the stock internals aren't that great so I was just wondering if I could just use ultimate drop ins

Not sure what reviews you've seen mate. But I have a E&l Ak74 and can easily lift 28s. I have changed the Bucking for a prommy purple and flat hopped it though.

You'll need a new nozzle if your replacing the hop unit as it only seems to work with the stock one.

Cheers, I think the reviews were for the original version and not the gen 2 which has much better internals. I'll take it out for a skirmish with .25s and see how it does then move on from there

I have an E&L AIMS Gen1 which first few 1000 rounds the hop was dodgy on .25s but it could then reach out well over 50m on .25s as stock hitting man sized targets at around 55-60m reliably. The gun really does need breaking in so make sure you give it plenty of time.

Since then i've added a lonex 50 degree rubber, changed gears and piston and added a picoAAB 'fet and it's been a gem.

• 7 months later...

I am sorry so i am refreshing this old topic, but i wonder have nayone measured speed of this type of gun? Checked pages like here

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152208793-ELS-104-PMC-E-Assault-Rifle-Replica-Classic-Version-.html

and here

http://www.sklep.airsoftguns.pl/product-opinions.php?product=1152208793〈=eng

but there are reviews propably from the same person and how he says

"Not even near the 450 FPS that said... The best was 400... Even whit the certificate saying 133.8 m/s ... the best in various chronos was 110 m/S"

I would like to know is that true? Does anyone have this gun and tried to make a messure of this?

Archived