WE Tech M&P Big Bird Hop up

Stryper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I'm very new to airsoft but looking to start skirmishing in a few weeks and hopefully for a long time, I picked up my first GBB sidearm (We M&P Big Bird) though I have an issue with the hop up.

I know there are some issues regarding the factory hop up, but I was curious as to just how much a hop up wheel should be able to move? I can rotate my wheel about 45 degrees before it locks (about 3 or 4 notches) but I'm not sure exactly how much this would impact the BB. Is it minute adjustments make a big difference or do you have to rotate 90 or 180 degrees to see a difference? Currently my rounds have too much hop and I'm having to aim low to compensate; even at around 20 - 30ft.

Im using Biosphere .25g Bio BBs, the barrel is clean and the gun is well lubricated.

Many thanks,

Ryan

I always use small incriments of hop so will take a little while to dial the hop in

The we bug bird stock hop is cack. The two options are open the hop (easy if you can wield a screwdriver without stabbing yourself) and take a tiny bit of metal off the tab the runs in the hop wheel. Or buy a we small bird hop and for that as they fixed the issue. Check out the link. I LOVE my we m&p and would never part with it but the oem hop is shit till you rework it.

https://overhoppers.wordpress.com/2013/05/11/work-in-progress-we-mp-hop-up-fix/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.