Battle belt advice?

Randymanpipe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd have to go Warrior every time. Their kit is absolutely bullet proof. I use a WAS plate carrier, chest rig, pouches and belt in various load outs. For the money they cannot be beat.

• 2 years later...
  • Supporters
13 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I know this is an old thread but I'd like the ask if the Warrior PLB belt comes with the inner belt included in the £59 price?

From the product description https://www.uktactical.com/p-11533-gunfighter-belt-coyote-tan.aspx

All forms of drop legs holsters, Paddle Holsters, Belt Loop Holsters and MOLLE Holster can be fitted to the Gunfighter belt which comes with a fully adjustable 50mm belt and buckle

13 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I know this is an old thread but I'd like the ask if the Warrior PLB belt comes with the inner belt included in the £59 price?

Sorry, misread this but yes, the PLB belt has the "inner belt" attached: 

Warriors unique adjustment system works instantly by allowing the user to fully adjust the belt while wearing it simply by sharply pulling both ends of the buckle straps inwards towards the center

It's also £60 and out of stock in everything but OD.

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

Not bad value for a decent product then.

Pity only the OD is in stock.

Sign up for their newsletter and you'll get notified when they have a restock. Or just give them a call, they're lovely folks!

On 01/10/2015 at 2:47 PM, Sacarathe said:

I've found the Flyye Gen 2 battle belt (with suspenders) to be excellent, wouldn't mind a way to attach it directly to a carrier though.

I checked the size chart for the Flyye belt and was rather surprised by the latitude in their measurements:

Size: S (83cm - 127cm waistline) 
Size: M (96cm - 134cm waistline) 
Size: L (104cm - 163cm waistline)

Not sure what to make of those numbers. Obviously the molle belt must come with an inner belt and the lengths refer to the inner belt. This doesn't give you any idea of the length of the padded molle section.

I prefer the molle sectiont to come right around to the front, not end at the hips on each side.

I don't know if you are still about Sacarathe but if you are could you tell me if the Flyye belts have long or short padded molle areas. What size of belt did you get. I had decided on a Condor because their molle section  tends to be longer than many of the others. But if the Flyye is also long I might change my mind.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2018 at 9:44 PM, emilianoksa said:

I checked the size chart for the Flyye belt and was rather surprised by the latitude in their measurements:

Size: S (83cm - 127cm waistline) 
Size: M (96cm - 134cm waistline) 
Size: L (104cm - 163cm waistline)

Not sure what to make of those numbers. Obviously the molle belt must come with an inner belt and the lengths refer to the inner belt. This doesn't give you any idea of the length of the padded molle section.

I prefer the molle sectiont to come right around to the front, not end at the hips on each side.

I don't know if you are still about Sacarathe but if you are could you tell me if the Flyye belts have long or short padded molle areas. What size of belt did you get. I had decided on a Condor because their molle section  tends to be longer than many of the others. But if the Flyye is also long I might change my mind.

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0643

This is the one I have. I don't know of any information other than that listed here. As you can see the belt is very long, I weaved it back through the battlebelt to reduce the excess at the front.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:19 PM, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

Not bad value for a decent product then.

Pity only the OD is in stock.

They’ve got the utility combo in stock as I’ve just ordered it, comes with pouches at a big discount, use warrior10 for extra 10% off

just noticed this thread is old as fuck 😂

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0643

This is the one I have. I don't know of any information other than that listed here. As you can see the belt is very long, I weaved it back through the battlebelt to reduce the excess at the front.

I think he wants to know the length of the molle section of the belts, so would jsut be a question of measuring yours.

E.g. if he could take a 110 waist, he could wear any of the belts, but if the molle on the large was much longer than the small it would wrap round to the front so he could have pouches at the front, rather than them being on the sides.

Cheers

G

3 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I think he wants to know the length of the molle section of the belts, so would jsut be a question of measuring yours.

E.g. if he could take a 110 waist, he could wear any of the belts, but if the molle on the large was much longer than the small it would wrap round to the front so he could have pouches at the front, rather than them being on the sides.

Cheers

G

I'm happy to do the measurement (though unclear on what - the webbing itself?), but I don't understand how the pictures I linked are less useful.

I don't see any lengths on the link. 

This is what I would suggest you measure on your belt.

belt.jpg

Was wondering would it be possible to adapt an Osprey cumberbund to do this?.

That way you could have your pouches right the way round the front.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

As a belt?  Just... no.  That belt pictured is already waaaaaay too tall for a sub load, you should be look at 3 rows of PALS max (ideally 2 total, comprising 0.5-1-0.5) with minimal extra fluff  materialabove and below the webbing.

This is quite expensive, but might do the job, goes nearly round the front.

https://frv-tailoring.myshopify.com/collections/belts/products/multicam-shooters-belt?variant=30655852816

Cheers

G

8 minutes ago, MisterG said:

This is quite expensive, but might do the job, goes nearly round the front.

https://frv-tailoring.myshopify.com/collections/belts/products/multicam-shooters-belt?variant=30655852816

Cheers

G

Got one of these and love it. Any questions, give me a shout

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2018 at 21:47, CKinnerley said:

As a belt?  Just... no.  That belt pictured is already waaaaaay too tall for a sub load, you should be look at 3 rows of PALS max (ideally 2 total, comprising 0.5-1-0.5) with minimal extra fluff  materialabove and below the webbing.

Apologies in advance for being dim, I'm still learning...

Why is a taller belt bad?

The reason I ask is that I currently use a Cindie battle belt, but the stitching had started to go at the front, so I'm looking for a replacement.

But your comments got me thinking/wondering...

I generally carry a reasonable load on mine:

4 M4 gas mags

2 pistol mags

XXL speedloader

Multi tool

TRMR

What should I be looking for?

TIA

Despite being a WAS fanboy, I've also got an FRV belt in black. 

I did underestimate my waist size a little when ordering. It just about fits but given that I'm at the full belt length, i'm probably missing a bit of molle space on the front right.

I'm tempted to get a second belt due to the dtd mk23 holster being a pita to add/remove.

For short cqb games I'll just wear the belt with 2x m4 midcaps, 1x pistol and a double gren pouch for trmrs.

I think it depends on your size, and how you play.  I have an MTP army surplus belt which has 3 rows of Molle and it is comfortable for me, but I'm nearly 50 with a 40 inch waist.

It needs to sit on your hips if properly adjusted according to my ex-Army buddy, so your hips take the weight rather than shoulders.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
17 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Apologies in advance for being dim, I'm still learning...

Why is a taller belt bad?

Do you like mobility?  Being able to easily get in and out of a kneeling/sitting/squatting position without your belt end up at your nipples?  Minimal interference with hips/legs so you can run at top speed?  Minimal weight in your loadout?  Get a thinner belt.

You can still carry plenty of kit on even a 2" belt like the FRV, let alone a 3", and remain comfortable.  The Tyr Tac belt that (far as I know) started the movement that FRV copies, comes with a padded mesh inner belt with the velcro interface - as an example.  Crye trousers have padding in the waist and I'm sure lots of other clones do too.  Not that you always need padding it depends on how your belt gear attaches for the most part, but options are there if you do get uncomfortable.  Granted I'd tend to go for something a bit bigger than the FRV style if the belt is carrying all of my gear at that time vs running a belt + PC or chest rig, but you're still better off keeping it narrow and sleek as you can.  Not to mention the fact that high mounted pouches/holsters on a tall belt cause all your mags to tip and lean outwards and flap about the place.

Having used my FRV frequently in the past month, I’ve got to say I love mine. It’s last use was Saturday. I either ran it with a PC with my m4 or swapped half way through the day to just a belt and the WAS sabre drop leg running an mp7. 

Being a 2 belt system you get no rotation and the belt doesn’t ride up. The molle is super tight so you don’t have anything flapping about, and it’s thin which means it’s much easier to climb through windows or anything involves leaning forward or bringing your knees up. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.